Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Mambo Connection Issues

Booey

Reaction score
Hi all,

Seasons Greetings!

I've just purchased a Mambo Mission & FPV bundle, but am unable to connect the drone to either my phone, Galaxy S9, or the Flypad, I've managed to connect the Flypad and phone together.

I've cleared the cache and uninstalled the app numerous times to no avail. The lack of resources is appalling.

Additionally, when I connect the drone to my PC it doesn't recognise as a drive, so I'm unable to flash a new firmware and see if this resolves the issue, doesn't anyone have any ideas of what else I can try?

Thx,

Booey

What can you do with your Mambo?
Does it fly somehow?

Try first without the FPV camera (not mounted):
- charge battery fully
- switch drone on, wait until both eyes blinking green
- switch controller on, wait until "Parrot" is green and Drone's eyes are constant green.
- liftoff with piloting with controller.

If this 1st test works, then the drone itself is ok and you can try the same with your smartphone without controller:
- BT on your smartphone on
- Freeflight Mini app running
- drone's eyes blinking green
- the app now should connect to the drone
- liftoff with piloting with smartphone.

Both working?

So at the moment the Mambo is a pretty brick, I cannot connect it to either the pad or my phone, so it won't fly. Although I've managed to connect the pad to my phone alone.

If I connect to my PC via USB cable then both green lights come on, but it doesn't show as a drive on the PC to be able to flash.

If I mount the FPV camera the light on it goes a steady green, so that seems ok, the issue is pairing the Drone to something to fly it with or at least my PC to flash the new Firmware, is there a driver needed for Windows 10?

So at the moment the Mambo is a pretty brick, I cannot connect it to either the pad or my phone, so it won't fly. Although I've managed to connect the pad to my phone alone.

If I connect to my PC via USB cable then both green lights come on, but it doesn't show as a drive on the PC to be able to flash.

If I mount the FPV camera the light on it goes a steady green, so that seems ok, the issue is pairing the Drone to something to fly it with or at least my PC to flash the new Firmware, is there a driver needed for Windows 10?
No, after Mambo power on, it should be visible as an external drive in your Windows explorer.

Is this a new Mambo? What you write could mean, that the Mambo is bricked.

Reactions: Skydreamer
Bricked, as in useless/broken. It doesn't appear as an external drive, it does show as a USB/Ethernet device on my Bluetooth list when connected via USB, but does not appear without the USB cable attached.

It is a new Mambo yes, was purchased from a store for Xmas. When I turn on the Mambo, only one light is green, which is the right as I look at the front of it.

Reinstall Freeflight Mini app,restart your phone,make sure bluetooth is on,dont use flypad.
Turn on Mambo,wait 30 seconds then press and hold power button for 15 seconds to reset mambo...if you are not able to connect to phone after reset send it back to seller and ask for a another one.....ma,bo is fun when its working

Reactions: Dirk_ANAFI
Hello, Booey

Don't know if you have been following my thread (Questions from a Novice). I had the same problem with updating via USB and it was solved by making sure I used a cable suitable for data transfer, not just charging. Lot's of other good advice from the kind people here too. So, making progress with my surprise Christmas present.

Regards,

Brian

Reactions: Booey
Did you get sorted ?.... what was outcome?
Hello, Booey

Don't know if you have been following my thread (Questions from a Novice). I had the same problem with updating via USB and it was solved by making sure I used a cable suitable for data transfer, not just charging. Lot's of other good advice from the kind people here too. So, making progress with my surprise Christmas present.

Regards,

Brian
Glad you got yours sorted Brian, you'd think the cable they include in the package would be suitable for charging and updating the Firmware!

With regards to my own experience, I took the package back to Currys and they switched it out for a second Mambo, which now had camera issues!

Back we went for a third attempt, I had to go to a different store to source stock, but they swapped it, again, and this one is now fully operational. I loved using the Drone so much I went and purchased an ANAFI. So, it was worth the perserverence in the end!.

Paul.

Glad you got yours sorted Brian, you'd think the cable they include in the package would be suitable for charging and updating the Firmware!

With regards to my own experience, I took the package back to Currys and they switched it out for a second Mambo, which now had camera issues!

Back we went for a third attempt, I had to go to a different store to source stock, but they swapped it, again, and this one is now fully operational. I loved using the Drone so much I went and purchased an ANAFI. So, it was worth the perserverence in the end!.

Paul.

Wow, Paul, quite a leap forward. Maybe I can graduate to one of those in due course. Good luck.

Brian

Reactions: Booey
Re original post ...I know it's an old post but just in case anyone gets a similar problem...

"I've just purchased a Mambo Mission & FPV bundle, but am unable to connect the drone to either my phone, Galaxy S9, or the Flypad, I've managed to connect the Flypad and phone together."

I also had trouble connecting my parrot hydrofoil mini drone to the free flight mini app.
Same as above FlyPad would connect to smart phone but the app could not find the drone.
After trying lots of different things eventually found out that
You must have LOCATION turned ON
on your smart phone
And voila it connected :)

Hi,
I have the same problem with Booey about my pc doesn't recognize my Parrot Rolling Spider minidrone. I used different cables but it doesn't work. What should I do?

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut