Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Mavic2 Waypoint 2.0 vs Anafi Flight Plan

First off, sorry to everyone for taking this thread off-topic, with discussion about ND filters, I promise to create a thread devoted to that, once my ColorChecker large card arrives, so I can share my findings with the Y&C ND filters here.

Here's a comparison of them with no filter, then the Y&C ND 8 & 16 filters taken on a Mavic Pro. It's what I experience with them too, very minimal colour cast or degradation of IQ.

Untitled.jpg

Reactions: Efliernz
Another slightly off-topic comment, sorry! I'll stop after this one, I promise.

Regarding the Mavic 2 Pro resolution/sensor/etc... This video by YouTuber Yannick von Grabowiecki points out some important facts that were never replied to by DJI after their initial comment in the feed for this video... :unsure:

Hi Yannick, thanks for sharing your experience with us. the video captured in the DLOG-M and HLG color modes is uniformly encoded using 10bits H.265 for greater post-processing space. But 10bits video cannot complete distortion correction in the aircraft directly, it needs to be post-processed. There is much software that supports distortion correction, therefore, we recommend to solve it by the third-party softeare. If you want an image that is not distorted too much, please use the normal color mode for video shooting. Sorry the inconvenience caused.​

Hello DJI! As you surely know, there are 2 issues with correcting the distortion in post-production: 1. The footage to be corrected is in 4K, and will still be 4K after the correction. Therefore pixels will be lost, the image needs to be upscaled, and resolution will be lost 2. The resolution of the sensor is already low in 4K. There is almost no difference to 2,7K. You probably know better than us that not every pixel from the sensor is read and used. So we start with a lower-resolution image which will then be distorted to correct a bad lens, and we lose more resolution. What happened to the "iconic" Hasselblad image quality that you boast so much about? Please comment back.​
DJI has left the room... ;-)​

Reactions: Efliernz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
folgorem