Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Meshroom is effective free software for 3D scan

Jurassi

Reaction score
Last days I test free open-source Meshroom software and I found it simple (select pictures, then push start) and effective. Detailled modelling require to take pictures near the building (5 to 10m far) which is difficult with trees around... Flightplan's tracks are a nice way to scan huge areas with pictures every 1 second or every 5m (GPS). The photogrammetry process requires to precisely define optical path (real focal lenth, real sensor width) that is not very clear with Anafi : Anafi resolution is 4608×3456 pixel with HDR, maybe 5444×4016 without HDR ? Sensor width is 6.10mm but for JPEG RECT or JPEG WIDE ?

Meshroom creates OBJ files that can be import in Blender software to create 3D renders.

Meshlab software should also be used to optimize meshing.

Attachments

Reactions: MustangPhil

S.C.C.

Reaction score
Last days I test free open-source Meshroom software and I found it simple (select pictures, then push start) and effective. Detailled modelling require to take pictures near the building (5 to 10m far) which is difficult with trees around... Flightplan's tracks are a nice way to scan huge areas with pictures every 1 second or every 5m (GPS). The photogrammetry process requires to precisely define optical path (real focal lenth, real sensor width) that is not very clear with Anafi : Anafi resolution is 4608×3456 pixel with HDR, maybe 5444×4016 without HDR ? Sensor width is 6.10mm but for JPEG RECT or JPEG WIDE ?

Meshroom creates OBJ files that can be import in Blender software to create 3D renders.

Meshlab software should also be used to optimize meshing.
I'm interested in 2D only aerial photography, but natural landscape is often not geometric enough to produce precise stitching, could this software be of any help ? I don't need a $150/month software...

About optical data, from Anafi's User Manual :

23 mm f/2.4 lens, sensor is 1/2.4', ratio 4:3

Large JPEG & DNG 21MP 5344 x 4016 px (84° x ~63°)

Rectilinear JPEG 16MP 4608 x 3456 px (75.5° x ~57°)

Focal length and aperture do not exactly fit with some basic photographic rules, though (f/16 exposition, etc), maybe it's because the sensor is so small.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlrocketman