Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MicroSD Memory Card holder potential mod

DanLins

Reaction score
Not gonna try this on my Anafi, but it looks like one could remove the existing Molex card holder and replace it with one of the newer 'pop-out' type holders. However, to get the new holder to pop the card out, you'd need to remove some of the original Anafi plastic, weakening that part of the shroud, in the area blacked
out at the top of the 1st photo.

There are only 8 contacts on the original holder, but there are 9 on the pop-out type, at least on mine. See photo below. The bottom pin is for card detection.
I've seen some complaints about the old style holder in reviews, but I simply d/l my files via the USB-C cable between my bird and my p.c.

It does look like it could work, but not without some effort, good soldering skills, etc.

Dan

I don’t know why parrot used that flimsy card holder but it’s not worth messing with... if you re being careful opening it, it s fine.

I love the card holder on SwellPro Spry though ...

Reactions: Mr. I
The extra time it takes to download the files with a USB cable without removing the micro card simply isn't an issue for me....I just get up and go to the bathroom. ;)

Reactions: Dirk_ANAFI
First of all you will need a really good desoldering iron to get the original out. It hardly seems worth the time for the damage you could cause. Second of all, you’d still need to remove the battery so you don’t gain much advantage. Finally, the old school gate latch they use works fine and I pop my card out post every shoot with no issues. I do it indoors next to my computer and once I slide the top back, I turn the exposed Anafi upside down and drop the card into my hand. Putting it back is no problem either. I actually struggle more trying to grip the card from spring loaded readers often because they don’t pop the card out enough to grab or some “eject” the card and it can go flying away unexpectedly. Since it reads fine via the cable through the batteries, removing the card is not actually recommended if you don’t trust the inner old school swing gate reader writer they used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Craig, I agree with everything you've said. I really can't understand some of the whining I've seen on Youtube on this issue. I removed my original 16 GB card and replaced it with a 64 GB card, and after formatting it in the Anafi, it has worked flawlessly.

Another issue I see a lot of folks gripe about on this is the failure to include collision avoidance technology, which would add weight, cut into CPU time and with capable pilot awareness, is unnecessary.

If I want to fly crazy, then you want avoidance. If you want the best shot for frame, and focus, you want a camera that goes where you pilot it. I’ve bonked into parked train cars going for that perfect DNG of my on going graffiti project and the Anafi just dropped to the ground no problem. The beeping of me EVO for avoidance I can’t stand when flying up close and I find myself always gaining altitude to shut it up. My Anafi never stops me from my planned photo or video mission. It’s my only travel drone now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Jagerbomb52

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
comanche