Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Modding the controller joysticks or using a DJI controller

mikecarthy

Reaction score
I have been looking around and I have found a severe lack of joystick modding information for the Anafi. Has anyone tried to mod the joysticks to be removable, and if so, what was your procedure? Also if anyone had taken apart the joysticks and has pictures of the construction of them, I believe that it would be possible to have the base incorporate a threading element if the sticks are solid all the way through and the base is deep enough. any pictures of the build of the joysticks would be greatly appreciated.

Conversely, I love the compactness of the DJI controller, is there any way to use a DJI controller or any other smaller profile controller with the Anafi?

Last edited:
I agree with you on the possibility to mod the joystick. More than that I would like to adjust the sensitivity of the joystick to fly ‘smoother’.
Making a slow and smooth video in a small space is almost impossible due to the agressive response of the commands (brutal stops when back to neutral position).
I don’t think a hardware modification could improve that, it’s more a software trick.

I try to play with the settings but didn’t find anything efficient yet !

Am I the only one in this situation ?

Reactions: AnafiPilot
Would making the sticks longer help with smooth flying or do you think that it is the resolution of the encoders and/or software that is causing the problem.

I am afraid it's more a problem with the encoders resolution and the way the software is coded.
I'd like to be able to set the "Expo" parameters of the skycontroler to be able to have a slllooow motion during the first 20% move of the joystick then a more proportional motion on the remaining 80%.
I'll try with a "home-made" longer stick, and report...

Reactions: AnafiPilot
I am also wondering how to get smoother moves with Anafi, and looking at the controller. Seems like transitions are jumpy and mechanical, and I include the camera UP/DOWN in that. Practice helps, but it seems like the hardware is a strongly limiting factor.

Reactions: Zigzag84
I am also wondering how to get smoother moves with Anafi, and looking at the controller. Seems like transitions are jumpy and mechanical, and I include the camera UP/DOWN in that. Practice helps, but it seems like the hardware is a strongly limiting factor.
In FF6 you Can change the speed cam vertical ?

I am afraid it's more a problem with the encoders resolution and the way the software is coded.
I'd like to be able to set the "Expo" parameters of the skycontroler to be able to have a slllooow motion during the first 20% move of the joystick then a more proportional motion on the remaining 80%.
I'll try with a "home-made" longer stick, and report...

In FF6 you Can change the speed cam vertical ?

Also a lower reactivity in the settings can help when you change direction ? Not so sure about stopping the drone, it always seems like an abrupt manoeuver...

True that longer joysticks should offer more precision for the same increment of finger move (in case the controler's hardware can handle that precision).

Reactions: edwardfcy1970
This seems to be going off the rails, the sensitivity can be controlled in FF6. I am asking about PHYSICAL mods to the joysticks as to make them removable like a DJI product, ensuring that when the controller is packed into someting, the joysicks are not engaged in any way and also reducing the footprint of the controller.

This seems to be going off the rails, the sensitivity can be controlled in FF6. I am asking about PHYSICAL mods to the joysticks as to make them removable like a DJI product, ensuring that when the controller is packed into someting, the joysicks are not engaged in any way and also reducing the footprint of the controller.
If you don’t already have a 3D printer, it’s time to buy one.

For $12 on ebay you can find a soft case for your skycontroller 3, that looks exactly like the Anafi's, adding some protection against dust, and some schock/weatherproofing ... Remote Control Bag Aerial Drone Storage Bag Portable Handbag For Parrot Anafi NE | eBay and also bigger cases if you don't have the extended, but now own additional batteries.

OTOH the idea of Agustine makes sense, just cut the joystick in the middle of its length, drill a hole in the centre of both pieces, and with a solid axis of the correct diameter, you just have a removable and longer joystick, which should give you more precision than the very short actual stick ? Add a cylinder around the axis, to the chosen length, to prevent it to sink inside the controler...

If buying one of those remote cases make sure you read some reviews on which brand you plan on buying. Some advertise the remote will fit but they do not. The control sticks do not line up or the case is just not tall enough to close it without forcing it down.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut