Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

More flickering on low light vids

Pretty much what one fellow got when he had his replaced. Only thing was the new one took for ever to get to him. Good to know Parrot stands behind their product.

Pretty much what one fellow got when he had his replaced. Only thing was the new one took for ever to get to him. Good to know Parrot stands behind their product.
They use USPS instead of Fed-Ex or UPS - got my head scratching a little bit but - hey if it takes a week or 2, I still have the XSP to fly with he he :D

If everything discussed here and HERE in detail was true then slvervper99's new Anafi will certainly show the same behaviour (some call it "issue") than his "old" one.
So I don't know what I should be glad about.

Reasons:
1. There is no new firmware since September (and the "issue" was reported also later)
2. There is no new Anafi hardware version (as far as I know)

If there is a possibility to improve the discussed "issue", then I would wait for this firmware release note [v. 2.1.18]:
"* Image stabilization under low light conditions improved"

There is a chance that Parrot has identified the issue and fixed it (in hardware) without publicly announcing it. Sometimes companies/people do replacements only for people who report because the issue only appears in certain situations that the majority will almost never encounter. Also if it involves hardware fix a mass recall will put a dent on the bottom line so they are less likely to officially acknowledge it.

This is all conjecture in my head however. There is also a chance that the CS has no clue and just thinks a new drone will solve the issue.

We may just wait and see how @slvervper99's replacement turns out, and keep flying our drones for the time being. :)

Cheers.

Last edited:
If everything discussed here and HERE in detail was true then slvervper99's new Anafi will certainly show the same behaviour (some call it "issue") than his "old" one.
So I don't know what I should be glad about.

Reasons:
1. There is no new firmware since September (and the "issue" was reported also later)
2. There is no new Anafi hardware version (as far as I know)

If there is a possibility to improve the discussed "issue", then I would wait for this firmware release note [v. 2.1.18]:
"* Image stabilization under low light conditions improved"
The one reason I somewhat appreciate Parrot's gesture is the hope that there is actually something wrong with the drone (old one) that we cannot identify and that a new one may resolve this issue, it is true that there are no current updates. I do plan on immediately testing low light vids as soon as I get the replacement bird. I could be wrong though and that the replacement drone may exhibit the same problem (if this is the case - then I guess oh well) but since there have only been a few people that experienced this - and as loyukfai have stated
Sometimes companies/people do replacements only for people who report because the issue only appears in certain situations that the majority will almost never encounter.
then it could just be a total isolated incident. Will keep you guys posted though as soon as I get the replacement drone.

One of the first thing I wanted to do when I got the anafi was actually got for a night flight... but didn't get time initially and just kinda gave up on it after seeing these posts. Need to give it a go anyway to see if I see the same. I totally expect it to be the case.

... since there have only been a few people that experienced this - and as loyukfai have stated
The reasons why only a few people may have experienced this special "issue" discussed here might be, that in most countries it is NOT allowed to ...
A) fly by night or under bad visual conditions
B) fly without permanent visual eye contact to the drone
C) fly over a city, over crowded places, airports, main roads, power plants, other restricted areas ...
So I for example would not be allowed to make and publish those "night in the city" videos posted here.

Reactions: loyukfai and Landbo
The reasons why only a few people may have experienced this special "issue" discussed here might be, that in most countries it is NOT allowed to ...
A) fly by night or under bad visual conditions
B) fly without permanent visual eye contact to the drone
C) fly over a city, over crowded places, airports, main roads, power plants, other restricted areas ...
So I for example would not be allowed to make and publish those "night in the city" videos posted here.
Well....I suppose your right in a way. But whether this is a problem on most if not all Anafi's - I have to see it for myself. Call that naive or gullible - or maybe I'm just too stubborn to believe that another Anafi will not have this issue - "special or not". BTW - the vids I took are technically not night "night" time....it's more dawn or dusk type of thing (low light) - you may say there is no difference. Maybe or maybe not. :) . But I promise I will post another vid once I get the replacement Anafi........not to prove you or anybody wrong - but really just to satisfy my own curiosity or to actually prove myself wrong.

When you do your tests maybe do one in auto and a few in different manual settings to see the difference. And also where you have the Anti-Flicker set to for each video.
You got your work cut out for yourself when the new ship arrives :)

When you do your tests maybe do one in auto and a few in different manual settings to see the difference. And also where you have the Anti-Flicker set to for each video.
You got your work cut out for yourself when the new ship arrives :)
Will do. :D

Reactions: loyukfai
So I got my replacement drone the other day. I tried to shoot videos on very similar conditions (low light) to see if the new one will have the same "weird" vibrations issues on the vid. I'll let you guys judge. The cell tower and the U-haul building is my reference point to see if there are any vibrations. Agustine also suggested shooting videos with the Antiflicker on Auto, Off, 50 hz and 60 hz which I did. Let me know if my test is flawed and if you have any other suggestions. But, overall......I am satisfied.

Cool! What's the HW revision of your replacement Anafi?

BTW, only the drone was replaced, the controller remains the same, right?

Cheers.
Parrot gave me a whole new drone, controller and all. All I needed to do was update the firmware since it was shipped prior to the firmware update. So far, I have not had the "vertical camera failure" that a few owners have had since the update. But I have only flown her a couple of times since getting the new bird.

Parrot gave me a whole new drone, controller and all. All I needed to do was update the firmware since it was shipped prior to the firmware update. So far, I have not had the "vertical camera failure" that a few owners have had since the update. But I have only flown her a couple of times since getting the new bird.

Thanks! Can you take a look at the HW revision? It's available on the unit after taking off the battery, and also in FF6.

Cheers.

Have been pretty busy with other things so I haven't had time to contact Parrot yet. However I just took a look at my Anafi and it's also HW_03.

That being said, I haven't got time to fly my kite drone since the last firmware update. Maybe it's about time...

Cheers.

Still busy but did a quick test, from what I can see the problem is mostly gone! :D

Hope to have time to run further tests later.

Cheers.

Reactions: slvervper99

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh