Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Motor Error

Wolffman

Reaction score
Bought my son Anafi for Christmas. We have 2 flights so far. We are getting a motor error that seems impossible to clear for the most part. I was able to clear it once this evening and the drone flew great. But, now the error appears again. I've tried all the resets mentioned in this forum many times. Time to return it?

Bought my son Anafi for Christmas. We have 2 flights so far. We are getting a motor error that seems impossible to clear for the most part. I was able to clear it once this evening and the drone flew great. But, now the error appears again. I've tried all the resets mentioned in this forum many times. Time to return it?
i personally would return it to the seller they have to cover it for 12 months from purchase
hopefully you got it from amazon they are good regarding returns etc i wouldn't take a chance trying to operate it

I bought it from B&H. Hoping they don't give me any hassle.

Otherwise, I was super impressed with picture quality of the Anafi.

What does it do? Spin up and then beep with the error? How do the motors feel when hand spun with power off and then on? Are they all feeling the same? One badly mounted magnet on the housing can cause enough travel resistance to cause this error. A new product should not do this. It’s possible you have a bit of something metallic stuck to a motor magnet like a little piece of rock with enough iron in it for magnetic pull. I had to hard crash my original 4 times to finally damage a motor. Register it and start a ticket with Parrot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

What does it do? Spin up and then beep with the error? How do the motors feel when hand spun with power off and then on? Are they all feeling the same? One badly mounted magnet on the housing can cause enough travel resistance to cause this error. A new product should not do this. It’s possible you have a bit of something metallic stuck to a motor magnet like a little piece of rock with enough iron in it for magnetic pull. I had to hard crash my original 4 times to finally damage a motor. Register it and start a ticket with Parrot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

All the motors feel the same to me. When I initially started up the drone the first few times, the motors would rotate just a bit during the startup routine. Now, they don’t do that anymore and I get a “red” motor when pressing the drone icon and a fault on the main screen. It flew great for 15 minutes yesterday after I was able to get the error to clear. Now the error is back and doesn’t look like it’s going away. The very first time we tried to launch, it shutdown due to this error. Now, I can’t do anything as the drone is locked out due to the error.

Ok... that sounds like an ESC not functioning properly. Did it prompt you to do all the updates when you first set it up? Does it beep repeatedly with the error? Have you fully calibrated the mangnometer or more commonly called compass? Out of the box, by and large the Anafi has been fairly problem free with lift off and flying. Parrot answers their phone so I’d be calling them ASAP. Again, this is very unusual to happen without damage to a motor or ESC but a cold solder anywhere in the internal circuits could cause this.

Reactions: Wolffman
Ok... that sounds like an ESC not functioning properly. Did it prompt you to do all the updates when you first set it up? Does it beep repeatedly with the error? Have you fully calibrated the mangnometer or more commonly called compass? Out of the box, by and large the Anafi has been fairly problem free with lift off and flying. Parrot answers their phone so I’d be calling them ASAP. Again, this is very unusual to happen without damage to a motor or ESC but a cold solder anywhere in the internal circuits could cause this.

Yes, we did all the updates required. I wish there was some way to redownload the firmware to the Anafi. Haven’t found a way to do that yet. No beeping at all, just the error messages I mentioned. I’ve done all the calibrations probably 50 times by now lol.

Anafi's motor have a lifespan? I wonder if the firmware will report when to change them ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame