Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

My Anafi initiated auto landing while there’s still power left..

YenAmiracle

Reaction score
As the title stated, two of my batteries did this to me without any warning.
My first flight today almost scared me to death, because it showed “lower battery power” then almost the same time it initiated auto landing, controller was blinking purple light—and I was flying above the darn lake!
I kind of semi-crush-landing just 1 meter away from the water on the shore, in someone’s backyard.
My Anafi crushed into fence, got a chip on one of front right props.
The power level was 70%.

Then I switch to another battery, this time I just flew on land, less than one minute it did the same thing and landed on the grass.
The power level was 60%.

I know it’s time to switch new batteries, but are there ways to hard reset the batteries at meantime? Is both auto-landing with sufficient power caused by the batteries?

Sounds like one cell is weaker then the other and when under load it fails to the point the Anafi does the auto landing for low battery. Once you land the battery kind of recovers showing the higher voltage.
If using the moded App on the forum you can monitor the voltage instead of percentage.

Sounds like one cell is weaker then the other and when under load it fails to the point the Anafi does the auto landing for low battery. Once you land the battery kind of recovers showing the higher voltage.
If using the moded App on the forum you can monitor the voltage instead of percentage.
Thank you for replying. I guess I’ll just buy new batteries when situation is allowed😔.
Because most of my flights are above water, I can’t risk it suddenly decide to became a submarine drone😨..

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I highly recommend using the modded Free Flight app. Like mentioned it will show you your voltage while flying.

Also charge the suspect batteries, then in Feee Flight choose the drone icon, scroll down and look at your battery health. (This is different than your battery charge level). I do not trust any battery with below 85% here and fly with caution with any battery under 90%.

In general I do not fly my Anafi over water as I have had 2 fall from sky events and also forced landings that have madet this bird an over land only tool.

NO one seems to be commenting after using any aftermarket anafi batteries. I would be worried the battery firmware is non existant or not there in the aftermarket ones. Educate yourself, buy the loose cells open them up and do the soldering if you have prior rc experience, I myself have over 15 years.

From
NO one seems to be commenting after using any aftermarket anafi batteries. I would be worried the battery firmware is non existant or not there in the aftermarket ones. Educate yourself, buy the loose cells open them up and do the soldering if you have prior rc experience, I myself have over 15 years.
I kind of wonder if this is true. No firmware on battery might not let it even take off . Most of the RC batteries are made by one or two main companies. They are contracted to make X amount of batteries and when parrot stopped supporting the Anafi so did the contract for OEM batteries. Companies like GiFi produce after market batteries for many drones.
We have all seen OEM batteries fail just the same as after market ones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut