Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

My Disco will not generate enough lift.

Disco_Duck

Reaction score
I dont know whats happening. Do I need a new motor? I even reset it back to factory. Still not enough lift. Do I need a new motor? Check out this to see it for yourself.

please help. love my disco. hate not being able to fly it.

Thank you.

Check to see that the Pitot tube is inserted into the On/Off button properly and that there are no blockages. This tube is used to measure airspeed and if the flight controller doesn’t register airspeed it assumes the Disco is on the ground and disables the model.

Regards

Nidge.

Check to see that the Pitot tube is inserted into the On/Off button properly and that there are no blockages. This tube is used to measure airspeed and if the flight controller doesn’t register airspeed it assumes the Disco is on the ground and disables the model.

Regards

Nidge.
Ok.. Check this out. This was the original FAIL. I dont know what happened. Take a good look. The 3:14 mark is where the action really starts.
The corresponding graphic is 18-26-13

This is today's fail (after having cleaned the pitot).
The corresponding graphic is 18-26-26

Thanks Bud.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-12-28-18-26-13[1].png
    Screenshot_2018-12-28-18-26-13[1].png
    278 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_2018-12-28-18-26-26[1].png
    Screenshot_2018-12-28-18-26-26[1].png
    251.4 KB · Views: 17
Seems to fly just fine.
First flight looks like excessive wind. 2nd just a crappy launch.

Looking at the second graph I’m still leaning to the idea that the issue lies with the airspeed sensor. At about 5.5m altitude there is no airspeed. You said that it appeared to move in a parabola but the graph insinuates that the Disco came to an abrupt stop once the max height was reached before falling near vertically.

Did you check that the small silicon tube from the flight controller is inserted into the on/off button securely and the other end is securely afixed to the flight controller? The on/off button is only friction fitted and the silicon tube can become dislodged especially with hard landings.

In the attached image you can see where the silicon tube attaches to the airspeed sensor inside the CHUCK.

Regards

Nidge.8FB0069F-9474-4782-947E-FCE7D2D8B6D4.jpeg

Seems to fly just fine.
First flight looks like excessive wind. 2nd just a crappy launch.
I wish that wasit, but its not. This is not my first Disco.
If you look at the reply I posted, it has more info.
Your input after you take a gander at it would be appreciated.
thank you.

Looking at the second graph I’m still leaning to the idea that the issue lies with the airspeed sensor. At about 5.5m altitude there is no airspeed. You said that it appeared to move in a parabola but the graph insinuates that the Disco came to an abrupt stop once the max height was reached before falling near vertically.

Did you check that the small silicon tube from the flight controller is inserted into the on/off button securely and the other end is securely afixed to the flight controller? The on/off button is only friction fitted and the silicon tube can become dislodged especially with hard landings.

In the attached image you can see where the silicon tube attaches to the airspeed sensor inside the CHUCK.

Regards

Nidge.View attachment 747

I was mistaken about the parabola. And your description is accurate.
Would you happen to have a video or written instructions for breakdown of the CHUCK?

Hi DD
It’s been quite awhile since I opened my CHUCK, to replace the camera, but it is fairly straight forward. You’ll first need to remove the two antenna connections, servo leads, and the bolts securing the CHUCK to the airframe. Once done the CHUCK and camera assembly should just slide out.

The next bit isn’t obvious but you’ll need to carefully peel the top cover off the CHUCK to get access to the screws that hold the case together. Once the screws are removed the case should separate and you’ll have access to the PCB. Be careful from here as there are some very small connectors and the odd ribbon cable you will not want to damage.

If you’re new to working with this stuff I recommend doing it in stages with a break in between each stage. Damage is usually caused by rushing and getting frustrated, I know of what I speak :-(

I’m not aware of any videos on how to do this but I have found a Blog on DIYDRONES detailing much of the teardown.

Parrot Disco Teardown

Regards

Nidge.

Hi DD
It’s been quite awhile since I opened my CHUCK, to replace the camera, but it is fairly straight forward. You’ll first need to remove the two antenna connections, servo leads, and the bolts securing the CHUCK to the airframe. Once done the CHUCK and camera assembly should just slide out.

The next bit isn’t obvious but you’ll need to carefully peel the top cover off the CHUCK to get access to the screws that hold the case together. Once the screws are removed the case should separate and you’ll have access to the PCB. Be careful from here as there are some very small connectors and the odd ribbon cable you will not want to damage.

If you’re new to working with this stuff I recommend doing it in stages with a break in between each stage. Damage is usually caused by rushing and getting frustrated, I know of what I speak :-(

I’m not aware of any videos on how to do this but I have found a Blog on DIYDRONES detailing much of the teardown.

Parrot Disco Teardown

Regards

Nidge.

Hey.. Thanks for your input. I guess the good news is that, whatever I do, at least I cannot BREAK anything!
I'll keep you posted.
Cheers!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame