Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Neck strap for Anafi

FranoKaaf

Reaction score
Hi there.

Just in case, I have found a very simple and inexpensive solution to hold the SC3 RC around the neck (with only the RC and a phone - no special support to add).

I have tested it for 12 flights : comfortable, no metal part that could damage the RC or disturb the WiFi or GPS signal, easy to install (15 seconds) and to remove (15 seconds too), easy to store and transport.

Its price : that of a standard camera strap (around €15 new) or nothing, if you already own a strap of this type... Some pictures to better understand.

I hope it can be useful to some...

Frano

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 167
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 157
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 155
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Thanks for a good idea. It must be tested when my controller returns to home again from France.

Regards, Leif.

Thanks MacGyver!

For those not old enough to know MacGyver was a 1980's television show where the star was a genius at jury-rigging solutions to escape dire situations using common objects available around him.

Nice strap !
Did you have any problem with the little ‘on/off’ contact of the SC3 that is located on the left side of the loop where the neck strap gets in the SC3 ?
(I’d be afraid it switches off the RC in certain conditions)

No problem because both straps meet in the center (even intersect). After that, this system is not made to sway the SC3 in every way. But you're right, you have to be careful but under normal conditions of use of an RC in flight, there is no reason... It is support to fly long with RC around the neck (6 batteries in a row for example), we are not at the circus !
In addition, the connector is located at the bottom on to RC while the straps support the weight of the RC on the upper part (at the level of the antenna arm).
? Pas d'inquiétude de ce côté là !

Last edited:
Nice strap !
Did you have any problem with the little ‘on/off’ contact of the SC3 that is located on the left side of the loop where the neck strap gets in the SC3 ?
(I’d be afraid it switches off the RC in certain conditions)
No problem because both straps meet in the center (even intersect). After that, this system is not made to sway the SC3 in every way. But you're right, you have to be careful but under normal conditions of use of an RC in flight, there is no reason... It is support to fly long with RC around the neck (6 batteries in a row for example), we are not at the circus !
In addition, the connector is located at the bottom on to RC while the straps support the weight of the RC on the upper part (at the level of the antenna arm).
? Pas d'inquiétude de ce côté là !

Reactions: MustangPhil
That looks clever. However I'd be very wary of the fact that the controller off switch lever is also in that same area.

By the way, 62 additional flights with this DIY neck strap and still no problem, whether using FF6 or Pix4dcapture. Rather satisfying.
Because of the SC3 connector nearby, I take care to use it in a sensible way : I always have (at least) a hand on the SC3 that keeps the straps in tension. In no case, I let the SC3 swing around the neck (and not only for the connector but also because of the phone that could unhook accidentally...).

Reactions: MustangPhil
Hi there.

Just in case, I have found a very simple and inexpensive solution to hold the SC3 RC around the neck (with only the RC and a phone - no special support to add).

I have tested it for 12 flights : comfortable, no metal part that could damage the RC or disturb the WiFi or GPS signal, easy to install (15 seconds) and to remove (15 seconds too), easy to store and transport.

Its price : that of a standard camera strap (around €15 new) or nothing, if you already own a strap of this type... Some pictures to better understand.

I hope it can be useful to some...

Frano
With this neck strap you have to remove strap after use ?? Or sc3 can be folded with strap ?

With this neck strap you have to remove strap after use ?? Or sc3 can be folded with strap ?
As I mentionned in initial thread, I install it before each flight (15 seconds) and put it off after each flight (another 15 seconds). Unfortunatly, there is no way to leave the strap on SC3 when you fold it to stop it but I guess 30 seconds are not so difficult to deal with ?
BTW I haded 35 more flights with it and still no problem so far (for a total of nearly 110 flights with the strap) !

Reactions: rsvibhadaniya

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut