Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Need: short plog footage for testing LumaFusion

13000dots

Reaction score
Hi,
Where could I download short plog footage for testing. I would like to know if plog can be edited with LumaFusion?

Does anyone know if plog can be edited with LumaFusion?

I’m thinking of buying either Anafi or Mavic Air and I need to know first if LumaFusion is able to edit plog files from Anafi.

Could somebody help and record couple second plog footage and share it here.
Thanks.

Does anyone know if plog can be edited with LumaFusion?

I’m thinking of buying either Anafi or Mavic Air and I need to know first if LumaFusion is able to edit plog files from Anafi.

Could somebody help and record couple second plog footage and share it here.
Thanks.

If the mentioned program can not edit H.264 in an MP4 container, I would sell my Apple stuff.

You can try to play with this: Dropbox - 4k-P6771368-HDR.MP4

Regards Leif.

If the mentioned program can not edit H.264 in an MP4 container, I would sell my Apple stuff.

You can try to play with this: Dropbox - 4k-P6771368-HDR.MP4

Regards Leif.

Hi Leif,
Thank you for the clip, but are you sure this is plog file? Name says HDR and colours look like it’s not a log file? Log files have usually very pale colours and they are color graded with post process. (video log files are like raw photo files)

Plog files are exactly like normal files, just the color curves are different. If your program can open normal ones and you can edit colors on it then so can it with plog ones.

Log footage is NOT like RAW stills at all.

Hi Leif,
Thank you for the clip, but are you sure this is plog file? Name says HDR and colours look like it’s not a log file? Log files have usually very pale colours and they are color graded with post process. (video log files are like raw photo files)

Sorry but I'm misunderstanding your question, believing the word "plog" meant a video clip. I did not think of a P-LOG profile. I do not even have a clip in P-LOG, because I thought Anafi made such a balanced picture that I do not bother with color grading. The video format itself is the same if it is shot in P-LOG or HDR. You just need to find a color profile (LUT) that fits the mentioned P-LOG and Google is very helpful as they are floating around on the big internet.

Regards Leif.

Plog files are exactly like normal files, just the color curves are different. If your program can open normal ones and you can edit colors on it then so can it with plog ones.

Log footage is NOT like RAW stills at all.

They are not the same.

Kilrah,
About Log footage, it’s used for the same reason photographers shoot in RAW; data retention for greater image depth.

Sorry but I'm misunderstanding your question, believing the word "plog" meant a video clip. I did not think of a P-LOG profile. I do not even have a clip in P-LOG, because I thought Anafi made such a balanced picture that I do not bother with color grading. The video format itself is the same if it is shot in P-LOG or HDR. You just need to find a color profile (LUT) that fits the mentioned P-LOG and Google is very helpful as they are floating around on the big internet.

Regards Leif.

Leif,
See my upper post. (P)-LOG files are essential when post-processing. Better highlights and shadows control.
Could you make a couple second P-Log video sample, so I could be sure that I can edit it with LumaFusion?
Thanks

Leif,
See my upper post. (P)-LOG files are essential when post-processing. Better highlights and shadows control.
Could you make a couple second P-Log video sample, so I could be sure that I can edit it with LumaFusion?
Thanks

I would like to shoot a P-LOG for you next time there will be weather for flying. It does not look good tomorrow with rain but on Saturday it should stay dry.

Regards Leif.

They are not the same.
They are. The whole point of log is to allow for packing greater depth precisely without a change in workflow and file formats.

It is a stopgap measure between "fully processed" and RAW (both exist in video as well), which does not have a common equivalent in still photography.

I have both types of clips, but nowhere near them to post one at this moment.

Leif and Kilrah or anyone else,
if you could send me a short (10 second clip is enough and faster to upload/download) clips of three different settings from the same location/view.... that would be great.
-Normal, HDR and P-LOG
How much file sizes differ between these?

Leif and Kilrah or anyone else,
if you could send me a short (10 second clip is enough and faster to upload/download) clips of three different settings from the same location/view.... that would be great.
-Normal, HDR and P-LOG
How much file sizes differ between these?

You do not have to be in doubt. The difference between Anafi's NAT, HDR and P-LOG is the "color grading" that the video processor in camera passes to the signal from the sensor before it is written to the same file format. There may also be a difference in the degree of noise reduction in P-LOG. All three formats it is written to the SD card with 100 Mb/s if it is 4k video.

I have defied both rain and strong winds to make two clips in P-LOG for you:

Dropbox - P6991390_4k_P-LOG_0EV.MP4
Dropbox - P7001391_4k_P-LOG_-1EV.MP4

Enjoy, Leif.

Last edited:
You both think that you can just revert ”natural” to P-Log just using LUT?
LUTs change only color levels. Any noise reduction or similar pixel edit action cannot be reversed by using luts.

I still think you are wrong. There would be no reason to shoot with plog mode ever if you could just use LUT to revert “natural” to plog. And get those deeper shadows ja highlights that way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame