Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Anafi Firmware & Battery Update March 4th 2020 V1.6.5_FF6 V6.6.6

View attachment 3567
I am in Europe, 5Ghz, everything updated officially on iPhone, never used garbage android or garbage hacked apps. The problem is not with Parrot.

View attachment 3568

I disabled location services. Put iPhone on airplane mode, make sure Bluetooth, GPS, everything is disabled, then reboot iPhone. Open controller, then on Anafi, when light on controller is steady blue, I connected the lighting cable. The result you can see in the image above:

Anafi on lastest 1.6.5 firmware and FreeFlight6 app software 6.6.6 can be flown without data and without GPS on iOS 13.3.1
5ghz avaiable on Ce but i see no 38 to 56 channels and for sure all channels is on CE with low frequency and not FCC.

View attachment 3567
I am in Europe, 5Ghz, everything updated officially on iPhone, never used garbage android or garbage hacked apps. The problem is not with Parrot.

View attachment 3568

I disabled location services. Put iPhone on airplane mode, make sure Bluetooth, GPS, everything is disabled, then reboot iPhone. Open controller, then on Anafi, when light on controller is steady blue, I connected the lighting cable. The result you can see in the image above:

Anafi on lastest 1.6.5 firmware and FreeFlight6 app software 6.6.6 can be flown without data and without GPS on iOS 13.3.1

You're totally off topic :mad:
And you are in CE mode !!!
if you are happy with this, o.k.
But do not make suggestions and do not use phrases like garbage or people who are crying ....

Sorry English is not my native language; I do not know words more appropriate than "garbage" or "crying"; garbage means that it doesn't work and messes up your phone or ability to fly the drone; "crying" is complaining to a company about problems caused by the user. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

Also; I was told by a colleague (who uses Android and Microsoft Windows) that in CE mode, 5.8Ghz is not allowed; so I assumed having the 5Ghz bands meant that FCC mode was enabled. My mistake I should have never trusted the colleague!!

Sorry English is not my native language; I do not know words more appropriate than "garbage" or "crying"; garbage means that it doesn't work and messes up your phone or ability to fly the drone; "crying" is complaining to a company about problems caused by the user. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

Also; I was told by a colleague (who uses Android and Microsoft Windows) that in CE mode, 5.8Ghz is not allowed; so I assumed having the 5Ghz bands meant that FCC mode was enabled. My mistake I should have never trusted the colleague!!

ο.κ
You are not in FCC mod.
Be calm and try to read all the posts carefully.
PARROT Co created a big black hole!
If we are not careful, we run the risk of falling all in, even those who do not need the mod FCC.

ο.κ
You are not in FCC mod.
Be calm and try to read all the posts carefully.
PARROT Co created a big black hole!
If we are not careful, we run the risk of falling all in, even those who do not need the mod FCC.

That I agree with; when installing hacked apps on android you compromise the security of your phone. Your android phone is probably months/years behind on updates anyway (unless you have google pixel 2,3 or 4), but still, you make a valid point. Only use hacked apps if you don't need security on your phone or a working drone.

Of the app, on Android
But you have to keep the app running in background
If Android kills it, you loose the back stack, and it would not work anymore, so hard to be 100% sure it would work

I have tested @Clrk method of using the back button on Android. This keeps the App running in the background but brings you to your Android home screen. If you use the history button (back button) to bring the App back up you do indeed have a opened FF6 with no data transfer. Not the best solution but it works.

I have tested @Clrk method of using the back button on Android. This keeps the App running in the background but brings you to your Android home screen. If you use the history button (back button) to bring the App back up you do indeed have a opened FF6 with no data transfer. Not the best solution but it works.

Just been flying this afternoon - don't see any issues flying with 6.6.5rc1 and the 1.6.5 firmware.

Suspect 6.6.6 was only released as an update mechanism for the battery and Anafi firmware.

Will wait until a fixed ff6 is released by Parrot.

Reactions: dkokki
EDIT UPDATE:
After rebooting my phone I cannot get this medthod to work again. ?
Going back to 6.6.5rc1 till this gets resolved.

Just been flying this afternoon - don't see any issues flying with 6.6.5rc1 and the 1.6.5 firmware.

Suspect 6.6.6 was only released as an update mechanism for the battery and Anafi firmware.

Will wait until a fixed ff6 is released by Parrot.
Good to know. Also This works with data turned off. Using the back button gets rid of the error.

Last edited:
Well I am working with Joe S from Parrot support. I know he is one of the better ones there for getting back to you. I actually was surprised at how early in the morning he answer my email. He asked if I tried clearing the cache which I have tried several times and let him know that in my last response to him. I'm sure he has to jump through hoops first before he actually talks to the developers.
We will just have to wait and see I guess.

[QUOTE = "Agustine, θέση: 29610, μέλος: 8"]
ΕΝΗΜΕΡΩΣΗ:
Μετά την επανεκκίνηση του τηλεφώνου μου, δεν μπορώ να βάλω ξανά αυτό το medthod. ?
Επιστρέφοντας στο 6.6.5rc1 μέχρι να επιλυθεί αυτό.

Καλό να ξέρω. Επίσης, αυτό λειτουργεί με τα δεδομένα απενεργοποιημένα. Χρησιμοποιώντας το κουμπί "πίσω" ξεφορτώνεται το σφάλμα.

[MEDIA = youtube] mFh4vE8bDRE [/ MEDIA]
[/ΠΑΡΑΘΕΤΩ, ΑΝΑΦΟΡΑ]

good evening guys, the back button didn't work for me and I put FF6.6.5-rc1.

Latest posts sound good. Very good. I'm going to wait a few days and let other people fly before updating, though !

;)

Reactions: Thanev
Let's take this again.
Some have not read the whole thread.
It is not an android phone - it is a simple android TABLET. My Android device has NO SIM CARD installed.
I don't need a SIM card, nor do I have a cellphone.
If I am out in the field, I have no contact from my Android to the ether.
Thus - No synchronisation.

If I am at home, beside my PC router - I have contact out to the ether and can start FF6 without any synch. problems.

I have flown the Anafi since it went on sale with this set-up on my Android Tablet and never had any trouble.

I am in Japan and couldn't care less about FCC or whatever.
But now Parrot have changed something which leaves me out in the cold.

As I have said a couple of times now - I will wait for a fix.
Regards
Douglas
Me too

After updating it flying again. Thanks all for your tips and help!

Last edited:
Most of your complaints basically are about POS Google Android; I use iPhone with Anafi. SE, 7Plus and now 11. Never had any problems with any update, firmware or anything. It sucks that Android is so buggy but the problem does not appear to be with Parrot
The bug is not in android but in the android version of Freeflight6. For two separate operating systems, two separate programs are made ...
Don't underestimate android just because you like IOS.
The android program was not hacked, only a small part modified, which has no effect on its flight and other capabilities, and even knows what it did not know before.

All right then my question is that the 1.6.4. many have closed the switch from CE to FCC.
1.6.5. has this problem been solved or is there no change?
Write a comment who updated to 1.6.5 and lives in CE. Try fake GPS or the FCC mod application and see if you can see the 36-40-44-48 channels?
It is better if you tried a distance test flight.
(don't write who is in FCC country and has FCC channels, because that's natural)

All right then my question is that the 1.6.4. many have closed the switch from CE to FCC.
1.6.5. has this problem been solved or is there no change?
Write a comment who updated to 1.6.5 and lives in CE. Try fake GPS or the FCC mod application and see if you can see the 36-40-44-48 channels?
It is better if you tried a distance test flight.
(don't write who is in FCC country and has FCC channels, because that's natural)
I am in CE country and updated to1.65.

I am still locked out of FCC channels. Tried all the usual mods Inc FakeGPS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fae