Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Anafi Firmware & Battery Update March 4th 2020 V1.6.5_FF6 V6.6.6

The 4th is not from Amazon, Got it from Dronenerds. No error messages. Just doesn't start. No prop or gimbal movement. No wifi. The fan is running and it won't power off unless you take out the battery. I took the card out and put in the reader and it shows about 4 videos pointing upwards. I am using a iPad pro 9.7.

The 4th is not from Amazon, Got it from Dronenerds. No error messages. Just doesn't start. No prop or gimbal movement. No wifi. The fan is running and it won't power off unless you take out the battery. I took the card out and put in the reader and it shows about 4 videos pointing upwards.

Hey buddy, sorry for all the trouble your having getting one that actually works but this thread is for the newest firmware and your problems really have nothing to do with this update. Perhaps post in the thermo section about all the issues you are having.

Hey buddy, sorry for all the trouble your having getting one that actually works but this thread is for the newest firmware and your problems really have nothing to do with this update. Perhaps post in the thermo section about all the issues you are having.
Sorry, thought it might be the update it did.. Just reaching out. Need help.

Last edited:
Release notes page has been updated. Only mentions battery update

Yep, but this :
"Thank you for using ANAFI and its dedicated app, FreeFlight 6. Our goal is to offer you the best user experience possible. This version improves the battery level management. "

Is not even pointing to the fw update of Anafi and batteries!
It is just sayin' "there is a new FF6 out, which improves battery level management"
Are they learnin' from DJI?

From my experience with 4 different manufactures that I fly a lot of the release notes only state bug fixes. Leaving the end user wondering what was wrong ?

Updated an hour ago. Ran all my batteries (5 of them) to update.
Cannot start up FreeFlight when in Airplane mode!
Tells me "Synchronization failed. Check your Internet connection"
If I am at home I can connect my tablet to my home WiFi (Airplane mode off)
But in the field, I have no WiFi connections. Or is this synchronization between the Tablet and Anafi direct?
If not, I am stuck until Parrot fix this problem.
Any advice for a non technical pilot?
Regards
Douglas

But in the field, I have no WiFi connections. Or is this synchronization between the Tablet and Anafi direct?
Regards
Douglas

See above - bug with 6.6.6 - go back to 6.6.5 if you still have the APK handy.

Regards
Douglas

Make comments on GooglePlay store in the App comment section. Already a few there but the more they see the faster this will get fixed.

I updated the Anafi firmware and 3 batteries... never had any issues at all.... :)

I updated the Anafi firmware and 3 batteries... never had any issues at all.... :)

danyg me too the same.

I updated all firmware, no issues for updates, but FF6 it seems that opened only if we have internet connection to synchronization. That is a bug, I think.

Yes, I've noticed the synchronization bug as well. After updating the firmwares, I just reinstalled the latest FCC mod. All works fine.

Have contacted Google and submitted a form.
In the meantime can anyone describe the best way for a non technical person to "go back to 6.6.5" in simple steps!
I have no problems starting the app and Anafi when I am here at home and can connect to my local network wifi. But as soon as I am in airplane mode, or out in the field my tablet cannot connect to the internet.

danyg me too the same.

I updated all firmware, no issues for updates, but FF6 it seems that opened only if we have internet connection to synchronization. That is a bug, I think.
I may be paranoid, but I think you're asking for an internet connection to determine your location if you don't have GPS (or fake GPS).
Improving battery management, just an excuse to set up CE and FCC ...

In the meantime can anyone describe the best way for a non technical person to "go back to 6.6.5" in simple steps!
I have no problems starting the app and Anafi when I am here at home and can connect to my local network wifi. But as soon as I am in airplane mode, or out in the field my tablet cannot connect to the internet.

You should be able to download v6.6.5 from this location. Once you have the APK on your phone\tablet make sure you have install from unknown locations enabled. Click on the APK and it will ask if you want to install it. Click install. Of course you need to delete v6.6.6 first.

And what kind of battery management does it fix? What was wrong with 1.6.4 FW?
I'm still staying at 1.6.3 FW and 6.6.2.203_mod FF6.

I have no official word as to what was wrong with the battery firmware only rumors that it was not balancing the cells properly causing the sudden landing at higher levels of voltage when it should not have landed yet. Just a lot of talk about it on the internet and of course Parrot will not say what the problem is or was. Hopefully they have resolved it and hopefully they will fix this synchronization bug soon.

I may be paranoid, but I think you're asking for an internet connection to determine your location if you don't have GPS (or fake GPS).
Improving battery management, just an excuse to set up CE and FCC ...

No that is conspiracy levels of paranoia.

It is just a bug - it just constantly downloads the DATA OBB file whenever it starts, with out checking it already has the latest version.

I have no official word as to what was wrong with the battery firmware only rumors that it was not balancing the cells properly causing the sudden landing at higher levels of voltage when it should not have landed yet. Just a lot of talk about it on the internet and of course Parrot will not say what the problem is or was. Hopefully they have resolved it and hopefully they will fix this synchronization bug soon.

I suspect the same - it is quite an update, which must be replacing the whole firmware on the battery.

They must have looked at how the battery levels are read, and how they count the current flowing out of the batteries and then how much current flows back while charging.

It will be interesting to see how much impact this has going forward with lifespan reading on the battery, and if it impacts runtimes.

In case, you have an android: apkmirror and freeflight 6 in google gets you the apk to downgrade

In case you have a second phone, that can GET you a wifi in the field: use that
And don't switch off the airplane mode, JUST switch on the wifi IN Airplane mode ;-)
EDIT:
Perhaps not a good idea, if it really downloads 200MB again and again!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stefante