Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New update to FF6 and new firmware updates for Anafi and tx

No, in your video you are zooming max. in-out-in... in only a few seconds. The life video cannot follow this fast zooming.

Ok thanks, but as I said the live video is frozen like this in all situations, not just this example.

Just tested the new FW with my S8. Everything works fine, handlanding behaves just as before, it takes a little 2-3 seconds to shut the rotors off.
HDR is still pretty grainy

I am not sure if it has someting got to do with it , but i see gps for drone and controller is red , maybe this is the cause of lag

I might not be explaining well as I'm stressed: to be clear the zooming video was taken after my initial post here as a short example of a moving image. The problem was most evident in flight yesterday evening, with full GPS lock.

Hi Guys..

Tested update on Samsung S8- don't understand why but the screen display after the upgrade has shrunk on each side- for example where the ratio for zoom is displayed are all grayed out so it bothers me to see less of the actual video display... tried to use various option for video fee- but no result. Any idea what could have changed or what can I do to to see the whole screen as the display.. and not quarter of an inch short on each side..

Any input would be appreciated.. Thanks, Xmavic.

I have both Android and Apple running FF6 on the same account.

Both Android and Apple indicated an update of the application, so the update was done on both systems, and was looking forward to the new features.

On the ANDROID.... If I go into the "Safety Settings" I can clearly see the option to change the RTH Height (Great)

On the IPHONE... If I go into the "Safety Settings" there are NO RTH Options. Only the usual Geo stuff.

Both display as version 6.10

What the heck is going on...... Not had the chance to hook up the drone and controller..... but where has the RTH settings gone on the iPhone?

I have both Android and Apple running FF6 on the same account.

Both Android and Apple indicated an update of the application, so the update was done on both systems, and was looking forward to the new features.

On the ANDROID.... If I go into the "Safety Settings" I can clearly see the option to change the RTH Height (Great)

On the IPHONE... If I go into the "Safety Settings" there are NO RTH Options. Only the usual Geo stuff.

Both display as version 6.10

What the heck is going on...... Not had the chance to hook up the drone and controller..... but where has the RTH settings gone on the iPhone?

It might be that you do indeed have to connect with the drone and controller with the iOS App. Might be just the way iOS works, not sure but its a thought. The other thing you might try is do a hard reboot of the iOS system (phone\tablet) just another thought.

Regarding the smaller screen: Its exactly as big as before (Samsung S8). now the edge just matches the color of the edge of the screen, before the update it was just black, i can remember because thats where the Zoom factor is on the left side, its made more optically pleasing.

About RTH: I can confirm that i didnt see the RTH hight and some other options on my android phone as well, until i was actually connected to the powered on drone.

I am quite happy with this update. it might be my imagination but i believe the live video got more stable as well.

Just doing reboots now, drone on the bench and ready to do the firmware updates..... Will feed back what the results were

Just done all the updates on all 3 devices (2 x Android and 1 x iPhone). Firmware completed on both drone and controller.

Soon as I had done the firmware updates, the RTH settings for the iPhone were visible and selectable. Very weird that on Android I can see them and set them without having to do firmware updates (only app update), yet the iPhone had the application update, but changes not visible till firmware was updated.

I guess somewhere along the way "Apple's" famous control mechanism was in-place..... They can be a real pain in the butt.

Format SD Card option failed miserably, was taking so long I had to abort, then the Anafi wouldn't turn off so had to do a 12 second reset. Card was not formatted and was showing an error.
Had to reformat in my laptop.

Been for a quick flight this evening, a few things I've noticed...
The on screen warnings at the bottom that WiFi signal is weak have changed, there's now an amber 'there is interference' warning before the red 'will return to home' if signal is lost one..
I got a warning that I had reached the 'GeoFence' at 150m despite the fact that I don't have the GeoFence enabled.
I also got some vibrations from my phone when warnings were being issued as a reminder if I wasn't looking at the screen.

I have also been out and try flying on V6.1.1.

I have found there is a problem displaying the quad's correct position on the map. It sometimes jumps about 400 meters in the NNW direction and back again to the correct place. It does not affect the quad's RTH landing point.

Suddenly, the camera can be zoom'ed in picture mode. I do not know if it's intentional as it takes long time to zoom from 1x to 2.8x. But in fact, it seems quite good even though the image size shrinks 2.8 times in the JPG file. I have not tried the RAW mode enabled when I shot in ABK mode 10 minutes after sunset.

It needs to be checked a little closer.

Regards Leif.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John K