Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New update to FF6 and new firmware updates for Anafi and tx

I have also been out and try flying on V6.1.1.

I have found there is a problem displaying the quad's correct position on the map. It sometimes jumps about 400 meters in the NNW direction and back again to the correct place. It does not affect the quad's RTH landing point.

Suddenly, the camera can be zoom'ed in picture mode. I do not know if it's intentional as it takes long time to zoom from 1x to 2.8x. But in fact, it seems quite good even though the image size shrinks 2.8 times in the JPG file. I have not tried the RAW mode enabled when I shot in ABK mode 10 minutes after sunset.

It needs to be checked a little closer.

Regards Leif.

Zoom has always worked in picture mode but it will only zoom JPEG RECT. If your zoom is moving slow this is a problem some are having. By removing the App and doing a hard boot on your phone then reinstalling the App has fixed for some. Others still have this issue and Parrot is aware of it.
There is no RAW mode for ABK. This is another thing we need to get Parrot to put in.
The RTH now stays at the set point you have dialed in. Before when you closed down the App it would default back to 30 meters. iOS is not updated for this fix yet just FreeFlight 6 is now V 6.1.1

Zoom has always worked in picture mode but it will only zoom JPEG RECT. If your zoom is moving slow this is a problem some are having. By removing the App and doing a hard boot on your phone then reinstalling the App has fixed for some. Others still have this issue and Parrot is aware of it.
There is no RAW mode for ABK. This is another thing we need to get Parrot to put in.
The RTH now stays at the set point you have dialed in. Before when you closed down the App it would default back to 30 meters. iOS is not updated for this fix yet just FreeFlight 6 is now V 6.1.1

I did not realize zoom in photo mode as it is not mentioned anywhere in the English manual.

I have to try and use the DJI method when they have problems with their APP. Honestly that Parrot must use the same method. ;)

The reason I mentioned RTH was that people should not be worried that the RTH place would change with Anafi's changing location on the map. By the way, It always happens in Touch & Fly mode. :(

Regards Leif.

I did not realize zoom in photo mode as it is not mentioned anywhere in the English manual.

I have to try and use the DJI method when they have problems with their APP. Honestly that Parrot must use the same method. ;)

The reason I mentioned RTH was that people should not be worried that the RTH place would change with Anafi's changing location on the map. By the way, It always happens in Touch & Fly mode. :(

Regards Leif.

Page 40 of the manual you will see the documentation on the zoom for pictures.

"Zoom control ’s zoom control is activated through the right trigger of Parrot Skycontroller 3. It is available in all video modes, and in JPEG RECT photo mode (with an impact on the final resolution of your pictures). WIDE photo modes imply the use and rendering of all 21MP delivered by Anafi’s CMOS sensor: zoom is deactivated in both WIDE photo modes. "

Page 40 of the manual you will see the documentation on the zoom for pictures.

"Zoom control ’s zoom control is activated through the right trigger of Parrot Skycontroller 3. It is available in all video modes, and in JPEG RECT photo mode (with an impact on the final resolution of your pictures). WIDE photo modes imply the use and rendering of all 21MP delivered by Anafi’s CMOS sensor: zoom is deactivated in both WIDE photo modes. "

Yes you are right. I must have overlooked that comment the last time I read the manual. ;) Yes, it may also be the memory it's pinching with !!! :D

Regards Leif.

Now I've tried to delete FreeFlight 6 and reinstall to make the zoom work a bit faster in camera mode as suggested in # 41. Unfortunately, it has not helped since it still takes around 45 seconds to zoom from 1.1x to 3.0x. The other way seems zoom to work as usual in video mode. Is the zoom factor 1.0 when switching from video to camera, zoom doesn't work at all. :confused:

It's annoying but on the bright side, I got rid of all 110 logs and can for some strange reason not log in to my account again !!! :mad: :LOL:

Regards Leif.

Just an update on my frozen video feed: since no one else has reported the problem (and both devices I've tried it on, while bad on both, do give different degrees of problem) I've decided to take the advice to upgrade my phone. When it arrives I'll post again.

My phone upgrade (to a Moto G6 64GB) has indeed resolved the problem. I can only speculate that the first app update moved a lot of the video processing to the phone. Thanks everyone who advised.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320