Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New User - I need your opinion

crossroad

Reaction score
I bought it a few days ago (Anafi FPV) from Amazon.de.
The packaging was brand new (I don't think I received a used or refurbished item).
But I noticed abnormalities on the surface of the 2 hind legs.
More on the left foot.
I think this is a factory error.
Probably glues? Not properly processed.
If I try to clean it, it comes out easily, but the color will go away at that point.
I've already done the first 4 flights, no problem.
What is your opinion?
Should I return it?
Do you think there is a problem ?LEFT FOOT.jpgRIGHT FOOT.jpg

I agree that it looks like an unfinished surface versus any damage from a crash or prior use.

Mold crap on the legs. Did you try a bit of sandpaper? I thought the color was all the way through the plastic. If you don't like the result, just paint it. Or you can ignore it completely.....it won't have any effect on flight.

The Anafi legs are molded in a ‘solid but light’ plastic material. They state :

The carbon fibers of the drone are charged with empty glass microbeads that are then filled with air to resist bumps and knocks. This material helps keep Anafi durable and lightweight, coming in at only 11.3 oz

I worked some times in the plastic injection molding industry, and knowing how technical and difficult it can be to mold such technical materials.

My guess is the marks you see are ‘flows’ of material residues that follow the line for injection of the melted material. The residues can be carbon fibers or glass micro beads that can get stuck during the melting process in the injection screw and finally get ‘released’ at a point and ‘freeze’ when they come in contact with the mold exterior walls.

I don’t think it’s a scratch or a defective part and it should fly perfectly well. To me it’s just a proof that the material advertised is not only marketing talk, it is really a technical plastic used... doubled with a lack of visual inspection in the injection molding process...

The color is part of the plastic grains used and will be a mixture of tint+carbon fiber black and should be all the way through the plastic. But if you use sand paper in your case, you may see a different color appear as you are sanding a different material locally in excess (example glass beads). If the ‘black coated beads’ go away, you might see some remaining glass beads underneath (I guess white) and think ‘the color goes away’.

I would leave as it is... and fly this ‘unique’ Anafi ;o)

Last edited:
Reactions: crossroad
The Anafi legs are molded in a ‘solid but light’ plastic material. They state :

The carbon fibers of the drone are charged with empty glass microbeads that are then filled with air to resist bumps and knocks. This material helps keep Anafi durable and lightweight, coming in at only 11.3 oz

I worked some times in the plastic injection molding industry, and knowing how technical and difficult it can be to mold such technical materials.

My guess is the marks you see are ‘flows’ of material residues that follow the line for injection of the melted material. The residues can be carbon fibers or glass micro beads that can get stuck during the melting process in the injection screw and finally get ‘released’ at a point and ‘freeze’ when they come in contact with the mold exterior walls.

I don’t think it’s a scratch or a defective part and it should fly perfectly well. To me it’s just a proof that the material advertised is not only marketing talk, it is really a technical plastic used... doubled with a lack of visual inspection in the injection molding process...

The color is part of the plastic grains used and will be a mixture of tint+carbon fiber black and should be all the way through the plastic. But if you use sand paper in your case, you may see a different color appear as you are sanding a different material locally in excess (example glass beads). If the ‘black coated beads’ go away, you might see some remaining glass beads underneath (I guess white) and think ‘the color goes away’.

I would leave as it is... and fly this ‘unique’ Anafi ;o)

The sign of fate !!
I will live with this defect.
And my thought is to do nothing, and leave it as it is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
folgorem