Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Nice Explanation and cure for a lot of the update "woes"

jmbsmt63

Reaction score
I copied this from a post buried deep in the replies to a previous post. It is a very well explained solution that he got from a discussion with Parrot for some of the updates problems a few people have mentioned.
I figure it would do well to be brought forward in a new thread!

The newest version of freeflight 6 (from the app store on your phone) is version 6.6.4.0 came out on FEB 14, 2019. It seems to have an issue with the connection process, especially if you have the older firmware on the controller or anaifi. What he recommended was removing the current version and installing the previous version from APKMirror - Free APK Downloads - Download Free Android APKs #APKPLZ - Download Free Android APKs #APKPLZ. NOTE: The app store for your phone only has the current version. In apkmirror, search for freeflight 6 and you'll get a list of all the older versions. Try downloading and installing the previous version 6.6.3.2 (Dec 20, 2018 version).

Once installed turn on the controller, connect it to the phone via a usb cable (the app should start automatically), and then turn on the anafi. From there the controller and drone will connect. The next step after that should be an update of your controller firmware followed by an update to the anafi firmware. DON'T SKIP THIS STEP. The problem is fixed with the firmware. If that all goes well then you should be on the screen with the 'FLY' button highlighted in green.

ALSO: be sure that your phone is not set to automatically update to re-install the latest version of freeflight 6 or you might be right back where you started.

Reactions: dmbrody
Thank you very much for this help.

What I am not sure about:
2 or 3 posts here deal with older FW versions of Anafi (0.8.4-beta6) and the problems of updating from these versions.
Now we have a working solution.

I don't know whether this is a problem of the actual FW, but of these older Anafis now coming on the market from unknown sources.
I cannot understand: where were these Anafis with FW < 1.0.0 before? They must have been grounded (and without active owner) for 1/2 year, because since July 2018 Anafi had at least FW 1.0.0.
One user here bought such an Anafi in Ireland another from Saturn shop, so both in Europe.

@jmbsmt63 : do you know the FW and SC3 versions, that have those problems with updating?

Thank you very much for this help.

What I am not sure about:
2 or 3 posts here deal with older FW versions of Anafi (0.8.4-beta6) and the problems of updating from these versions.
Now we have a working solution.

I don't know whether this is a problem of the actual FW, but of these older Anafis now coming on the market from unknown sources.
I cannot understand: where were these Anafis with FW < 1.0.0 before? They must have been grounded (and without active owner) for 1/2 year, because since July 2018 Anafi had at least FW 1.0.0.
One user here bought such an Anafi in Ireland another from Saturn shop, so both in Europe.

@jmbsmt63 : do you know the FW and SC3 versions, that have those problems with updating?
I am just relaying the info I copy/pasted above.I do not know any more info that what I read in that post.
But, you are making a very good observation about these "older versions" Maybe some of the people having those problems will chime in? Hopefully Parrot will take notice and possibly either give us some reason or at least a fix

Reactions: Dirk_ANAFI
I had this problem which was fixed using this method. My Anafi was brand new, I bought it from Amazon last week.

FYI. I wrote the original post mentioned above. I had a case open with Parrot and the tech assured me that he was going to open a call to the Parrot developers for this issue. And sure enough we now have version 6.4.1.

i just downloaded the 6.4.1 version (new yesterday 02-20-2019) to another phone that was running android 8.0.0 and it updated and connected to the controller and anafi with no issues. I'll go back and do this same update to my Android 7.1.1 phone when I get a chance and see if that phone is now working correctly with 6.4.1 as well.

My original post about this issue is here: Phone can't connect to controller
Seems it was just a small software regression issue with some recent Freeflight updates that has since been fixed, which is really a fast response from Parrot.

I had connection issues with the app not wanting to connect to the Anafi over WiFi (phone as controller) for both FF6 V1.4.0 and 1.4.1. The Anafi information screen had incorrect data saying my last flight was 7 hours long total flight time was 7 hours. Parrot Support was very helpful but ultimately backed me to FF6 V6.3.2 until further notice. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy J3, Android 8.1.0, Anafi HW_03 V1.4.0, SC3 Hardware 3 V1.4.1

FYI. I wrote the original post mentioned above. I had a case open with Parrot and the tech assured me that he was going to open a call to the Parrot developers for this issue. And sure enough we now have version 6.4.1.

i just downloaded the 6.4.1 version (new yesterday 02-20-2019) to another phone that was running android 8.0.0 and it updated and connected to the controller and anafi with no issues. I'll go back and do this same update to my Android 7.1.1 phone when I get a chance and see if that phone is now working correctly with 6.4.1 as well.

FYI, I updated my other Android 7.1.1 phone with 6.4.1 and had no connection issues. Looking good parrot!

Good morning, I do not know why on Android have released an update more (6.4.1) within 2 days, on iOS is stopped at 6.4.0. I think if they wanted to fix bugs of connection, these were detected only with Android device, otherwise I do not explain the difference in the app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut