Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

No iPhone 6s+ connection to controller

AnafiPilot

Reaction score
I can fly using the iPhone 6s+, or the controller, but not the phone on the controller. I’ve got solid blue on the Anafi and controller (wired to the phone), but FreeFlight6 does not recognize the controller.

Called support. Chris ran through a bunch of connections, finally deleted and reinstall the app. Lastly, he had me reset the network connections, dropping our call. Then it was after closing and he’s gone for the day.

Any ideas?

[right now, solid blue on controller and bird, the camera toggle swivels the camera up and down, but the app is still "searching for a drone..."]

If I could swivel the camera from the app, flying by the phone only, I'd be happy. But no camera angle control means I can't frame the shot.

Last edited:
I can fly using the iPhone 6s+, or the controller, but not the phone on the controller. I’ve got solid blue on the Anafi and controller (wired to the phone), but FreeFlight6 does not recognize the controller.

Called support. Chris ran through a bunch of connections, finally deleted and reinstall the app. Lastly, he had me reset the network connections, dropping our call. Then it was after closing and he’s gone for the day.

Any ideas?

[right now, solid blue on controller and bird, the camera toggle swivels the camera up and down, but the app is still "searching for a drone..."]

If I could swivel the camera from the app, flying by the phone only, I'd be happy. But no camera angle control means I can't frame the shot.
Turning on airplane mode in phone,connect to skycontroller3,open antenna to turn on skycontroller....does app starts,can you see controller icon in app turninggreen?if not,ask criss when is this betta app be replaced with Freeflight6.
When controlling anafi with phone,placing finger in the center of the screen(above radar)and moving it slowly up and down should move camera up and down....does it work?

I downloaded FreeFlight6 from the App Store, v1.0.0. And it does control camera angle like you said... Slider above the radar...it only appears when touched- BRILLIANT??!

But still cannot connect all three.

Something interesting about app store usa and freeflight 6,there is no freeflight 6 app for ipad in app store ...my wifes iphone is synced with my ipad,I downloaded freeflight6 to iphone and it showed up immediately on my ipad....not optimized for ipad

I’ve tried one OEM cable and two aftermarket cables, all of which work for charging. No luck.

Now FreeFlight6 no longer controls camera swivel from the phone, although the controller still makes the swivel happen.

Looking forward to another conversation tomorrow.

Something interesting about app store usa and freeflight 6,there is no freeflight 6 app for ipad in app store ...my wifes iphone is synced with my ipad,I downloaded freeflight6 to iphone and it showed up immediately on my ipad....not optimized for ipad

I am still using the Beta version on my Mini 4, just checked the App Store, official version is still not available.

Finally got it working. The cable was not being recognized bc the phone was on iOS 11.0.1. Looks like at least 11.4 is required.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut