Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Over exposed photos.

Pretty Parrot

Reaction score
Yesterday I took a lot of nice videos & still photo's in the first two flights. With nothing changed, the photos on the third flight were slightly blue & way over exposed. Once home I thought I had it sorted, but today it kept saying 'SD card fault' & what photos it took were way over exposed. I lowered the brightness, but to no avail. Any ideas.

Yesterday I took a lot of nice videos & still photo's in the first two flights. With nothing changed, the photos on the third flight were slightly blue & way over exposed. Once home I thought I had it sorted, but today it kept saying 'SD card fault' & what photos it took were way over exposed. I lowered the brightness, but to no avail. Any ideas.
I have the same problem with the overexposed videos occasionally. I do NOT have any problems actually "reading" them, however.
I have not really been able to nail down the exact circumstances of this happening since, for me anyway, it is so sporadic. I have to re-boot the drone to correct it. Luckily the concern is evident before I start the props so I can just reboot and try again.
I suspect it might have to do with the start-up/connection order of the drone, remote, and app or just some weird glitch in the drone itself but I haven't been able to verify that since it is so hard to duplicate.

I reset everything. On the ground it was OK. The video of take off & 40 yard flight was OK, then I changed to still photo. I got a SD card fault. From then on all the still photos were over exposed & the return video was over exposed.

It's probably a bit hard to come up with something because a photograph or video doesn't change when it's first stored on your SD card. Perhaps you accidentally hit +3 EV on the camera ?

If the images are on the blue side, you have problems with your white balance.

Normally, an error message on an SD card means it is full or the card is too slow or that the last writing is not completed correctly. There may be other reasons.

I do not know what you are using to look and edit your pictures, can you tell a little about that ?

More closely, I probably can't get the problem with the information you've given.

Regards, Leif.

I reset everything. On the ground it was OK. The video of take off & 40 yard flight was OK, then I changed to still photo. I got a SD card fault. From then on all the still photos were over exposed & the return video was over exposed.

As noted above, I suspect that the SD card is wonky...
I personally have never had that SD error pop up as you describe when I experience the exposure problem. It is just too bright
Have you tried a "FULL format" of the SD card using the app?
Do you have another SD card to experiment with?

It's probably a bit hard to come up with something because a photograph or video doesn't change when it's first stored on your SD card. Perhaps you accidentally hit +3 EV on the camera ?

If the images are on the blue side, you have problems with your white balance.

Normally, an error message on an SD card means it is full or the card is too slow or that the last writing is not completed correctly. There may be other reasons.

I do not know what you are using to look and edit your pictures, can you tell a little about that ?

More closely, I probably can't get the problem with the information you've given.

Regards, Leif.
As I said I didn't change anything between the flights. I did check EV & it was in the middle. As a matter of interest I like photography & have a full frame & normal mirrorless camera & always shoot manual, so I know a little about settings.
I have the card that came with the camera 'The Samsung Industrial'. But I use a Samsung 64 EVO plus U/3. Until now it has worked fine & was what I used in my Sony 4K A6300 camera with no issues, obviously formatted for the Anafi.

As I said I didn't change anything between the flights. I did check EV & it was in the middle. As a matter of interest I like photography & have a full frame & normal mirrorless camera & always shoot manual, so I know a little about settings.
I have the card that came with the camera 'The Samsung Industrial'. But I use a Samsung 64 EVO plus U/3. Until now it has worked fine & was what I used in my Sony 4K A6300 camera with no issues, obviously formatted for the Anafi.

Then there is something that might indicate that you have not started FF6, controller or Anafi correctly up. However, I have not experienced anything similar on my Anafi.

Regards, Leif.

Then there is something that might indicate that you have not started FF6, controller or Anafi correctly up. However, I have not experienced anything similar on my Anafi.

Regards, Leif.

Until now FF6 starts up automatically when I plug the cable in, however I have turned it off & re started it several times. Maybe I should re install it.

As a matter of interest, what cards do you use?

In my Anafi I use a Sandisk Extreme PRO that has a write speed > 85 MB/s. However, it is completely overkill to use a card that is so fast. But I just have the card from a favorable purchase I could make if I bought 5.

An SD card that can be written with > 40 MB/s works quite well for Anafi, also the original Sandisk 16 GB.

Regards, Leif.

Reactions: Pretty Parrot
Until now FF6 starts up automatically when I plug the cable in, however I have turned it off & re started it several times. Maybe I should re install it.

I have never been so lucky it has helped with problems I have had, but there are others who have reported that a new installation has helped on there problems. It's reasonably fast to do, just remember you lose your Flight Plans when you delete the APP.

Good luck Leif.

I reinstalled FF6. I put the original card back in. I gave it a 5 minute test & all worked well. Which of the two changes sorted it, I don't know, but I will try the other SD card tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

Reactions: jmbsmt63 and Landbo
I have had the same issue when in flight switching from video to photo, would get an SD card error. I am using a Sandisk Extreme Pro 128gb, the issue appears to be resolved in the last updates, FF6 for android 6.4.3 and Anafi 1.4.1. I flew several times after the updates, switching between video and photo with no issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wigout