Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

parabolic booster for parrot anafi

SkyHiBaby

Reaction score
Hello All,
I'm coming out of winter hibernation with my Anafi so I've been out of the loop for a while. I was just watching YouTuber Dustin Dunill flying a Fimi X8 Se with Parabolic Boosters attached

(Amazon.com: TOZO Antenna Signal Range Booster Parabolic Foldable for DJI Phantom 4 / Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced Inspire 1/2 Controller Transmitter Signal for Extended Extend [Gold])

and he managed to get about 5x the original range - from 2200 ft to 10000 ft. My question is can you use these boosters with the Parrot Anafi? I know the boosters were made for slender shaped antennas not the bulky odd shaped Anafi controller but I was wondering if any Anafi users have tried attaching these boosters in some way. Thanks.

I don't see how you could attach these to the Skycontroller3 antenna to get the parabola behind it in the right orientation. One of these tries might work:

Hey Rocky, thanks for quick reply. I remember seeing that last year. I just thought the parabolic boosters were less bulky. I know they don't fit perfectly but if they were to be held just behind the top part of the controller (assuming that's where the antenna is) with a hole in the middle similar to the colander held with a rubber band or something, maybe that would do something. I just thought maybe there was someone here who had that MacGyver touch. I'm thinking of trying something with it myself just to get the curiosity out of my system. We'll see...

Hello All,
I'm coming out of winter hibernation with my Anafi so I've been out of the loop for a while. I was just watching YouTuber Dustin Dunill flying a Fimi X8 Se with Parabolic Boosters attached

(Amazon.com: TOZO Antenna Signal Range Booster Parabolic Foldable for DJI Phantom 4 / Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced Inspire 1/2 Controller Transmitter Signal for Extended Extend [Gold])

and he managed to get about 5x the original range - from 2200 ft to 10000 ft. My question is can you use these boosters with the Parrot Anafi? I know the boosters were made for slender shaped antennas not the bulky odd shaped Anafi controller but I was wondering if any Anafi users have tried attaching these boosters in some way. Thanks.
DONT do the 2020 updates!
In case your bird is on 2019 fw, batt fw, FF6: stay there, ignore all updates, read about the problems, first

As Ana789 has said.... DO NOT DO ANY UPDATES at the current time, far too many issues to take the risk.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood