Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Parrot Anafi Issues

greatbignow

Reaction score
Okay, new to drones but not technology. Parrot Anafi manufactured in 2018, had 2 days. The controller cannot directly pair with it by several USB cords, it is not found on wifi by either phone or laptop, cannot be located with the smartphone app (keeps saying no drone detected), and it's a pretty blue light flashing. Tried hard reset on drone...nothing. Tried phone...cannot find any wifi from the drone from multiple sources. Just....nothing. I read about firmware issues, but direct link should be at least giving something unless it's a hardware failure or defect from factory? I've read through a lot of the issues and come up with a few scenarios.

Okay, new to drones but not technology. Parrot Anafi manufactured in 2018, had 2 days. The controller cannot directly pair with it by several USB cords, it is not found on wifi by either phone or laptop, cannot be located with the smartphone app (keeps saying no drone detected), and it's a pretty blue light flashing. Tried hard reset on drone...nothing. Tried phone...cannot find any wifi from the drone from multiple sources. Just....nothing. I read about firmware issues, but direct link should be at least giving something unless it's a hardware failure or defect from factory? I've read through a lot of the issues and come up with a few scenarios.
Is the gimbal going through it's initial start up calibration or does it just sit there with the fan on and blue light flashing with no beeps or camera movement?

Reactions: greatbignow
Thanks. Yes, the initial startup is happening on the drone. Gimbal works when you pick it up and move it around as well. I can tell the gyros are working. My hope is that it is a combination of no GPS because inside a concrete structure, and combination of incompatible phone and software issue.

Oh boy, aside from a hardware issue with the drone or remote itself, which would warrant a return I imagine, there are software possibilities.
Latest firmware? What firmware?
Latest version of FreeFlight 6 on your phone?
What phone are you using?
How new and or powerful is the phone?
Things like that to think about.
Otherwise I can't think of much more than that.

Make sure to download the instruction manual & follow those to the letter. It's very easy to think you should do things a certain way, only to find out it should actually be done in a different order.

As the person above wrote, what sort of phone are you using, what version of FF6 are you using? Are you trying to do this while standing next to a wifi booster or the like? Is your phone set to join new wifi networks? Are you wearing a smart-watch? There are so many variables to take into account here.

Oh boy, aside from a hardware issue with the drone or remote itself, which would warrant a return I imagine, there are software possibilities.
Latest firmware? What firmware?
Latest version of FreeFlight 6 on your phone?
What phone are you using?
How new and or powerful is the phone?
Things like that to think about.
Otherwise I can't think of much more than that.
Not sure on the drone itself, since it won't connect but tried newest software and older since there have been some issues.

My phone is Hauwaei? M1A.
That in & of itself could possibly be the problem here. The Huawei M1A is a low-tech phone aimed squarely at the Indian market where people wanted something that looked like the iPhone 7 & could even do some of the same things.

Do you have access to a higher quality phone or tablet, maybe even from a friend or relative to try & see if that can work with your Anafi?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut