Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Parrot Anafi Thermal fw 1.8.0 - Python program interface using Olympe v1.8.0/ Ubuntu 20.04 / skycontroller 3

Can I program anafi to fly without using compass and gps?
I want to be able to fly inside steel tanks or concrete buildings.

Can I program anafi to fly without using compass and gps?
I want to be able to fly inside steel tanks or concrete buildings.
Hi
I am not sure of that answer. I guess without GPS , it does fly around but without compass, i really doubt. Anyway it all depends on the algorithm used to activate fail safe mode on the Anafi .
I haven't moved anything further than what i have shown here. Didn't get any time yet 🙂

Hi
I am not sure of that answer. I guess without GPS , it does fly around but without compass, i really doubt. Anyway it all depends on the algorithm used to activate fail safe mode on the Anafi .
I haven't moved anything further than what i have shown here. Didn't get any time yet 🙂
Thanks for the reply. It sure can fly without gps. I use it for bridge inspection. When it goes under the bridge gps signal is lost, however the drone is very stable, imagine that i hover it between two concrete beams of less than 1m distance and take photos of bridge bearings. I guess its the optical sensor under the drone that does the job.
However, i have projects that require inspection in areas with high magnetic perturbations. I almost lose the drone once in such a case.
If the compass and gps could be "deactivated", and drone use only barometer and optical sensor for stability, it could be done with anafi instead of using other very expensive drones like 35000€ elios 2.
I guess i will have to ask parrot for that.

Reactions: sibujacob
Thanks for the reply. It sure can fly without gps. I use it for bridge inspection. When it goes under the bridge gps signal is lost, however the drone is very stable, imagine that i hover it between two concrete
That is a very good application.
I would suggest here to approach Parrot developer forum for getting deeper into this subject of deactivating the GPS and compass.
Here is a link to that subject

Last edited:
That is a very good application.
I would suggest here to approach Parrot developer forum for getting deeper into this subject of deactivating the GPS and compass.
Here is a link to that subject
Thank you, this is what i was looking for!

Reactions: sibujacob

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut