Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Parrot -Best Buy Warranty Issues

AnafiFlyer

Reaction score
I am curious if anyone else has had an issue getting warranty support on an Anafi purchased at BestBuy? Three weeks after purchasing an Anafi, I had an incident where the drone came strait down from about 50 feet up and landed in snow. The drone had no visible damage, but snow caked the motors and made its way into the battery and internal structure. I called Parrot Support , and they requested information and asked for pictures of the drone and several controller pages. After about a week, they sent an email indicating the claim was approved, the drone had a defect, and should be taken back to BestBuy for exchange or a refund. Two days later, I went to Bestbuy with the extended kit and the letter from Parrot, but was told Bestbuy only offers a 30 day warranty, and it was covered under a factory warranty, but they would not accept the letter from Parrot, because “they Need an AR” number. I called Parrot Support back, and they said they don’t issue AR numbers, they should accept the letter. My first reaction was to blame Bestbuy, and made several calls to their corporate offices, only to be told BestBuy will not accept the letter, and that “Parrot does this all the time”. Parrot says they elevated it corporate offices in France. It’s been three months since the Anafi crashed, and I keep getting “ we can’t help you, it has to be resoved in France“. There is “no time frame, we don’t know”. This was my second Anafi and third Parrot drone. I have hundreds of flights and over 100 hours flying them. I never had an accident before. I want to stay loyal to Parrot, but they do not seem to care about fixing this issue or customer service. I recently purchased a used Mavic Air. The Anafi has a lot of good features the Mavic Air does not, but I don’t like giving my money to a company that treats customers poorly. And I have a feeling if I purchased it from Amazon, the issue would be resolved in days. Seeing how they have treated the Canadians, I will stay clear of Parrot. Anyone have a similar incident that reached resolution?

Liger 1956

Reaction score
Have you read this?

IronSky1

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your probems however it is what is normal lately. I have had 11 Parrot drones over the past 5 years and there support has gotten worse year after year. I deal with it since I really like the automation which is tightly integrated in software. I have found the best way to get support in the past 3 years is buy another and break the failed one down for parts on eBay. It is a shame to see a well engineered product go with little support. They do sell repair kits for some systems however, I prefer parting out and buying replacement that works. I have had 3) Bebop 2 1) Thermal 5) Anafi and and 2) discos. The first 3 years from 2015 to 2018 support was excellent.

AnafiFlyer

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your probems however it is what is normal lately. I have had 11 Parrot drones over the past 5 years and there support has gotten worse year after year. I deal with it since I really like the automation which is tightly integrated in software. I have found the best way to get support in the past 3 years is buy another and break the failed one down for parts on eBay. It is a shame to see a well engineered product go with little support. They do sell repair kits for some drone landed in systems however, I prefer parting out and elf, buying replacement that works. I have had 3) Bebop 2 1) Thermal 5) Anafi and and 2) discos. The first 3 years from 2015 to 2018 support was excellent.
Thanks for the suggestions . I will let this play out a little longer, but may end up using the eBay suggestion ( but will probably buy a Mavic Air 2). I did file a Better Business Bureau complaint, and noticed a lot of other people have had similar issues with Parrot. Since it appears they seem to be moving away from the consumer market, they really have no incentive to keep a customer base (Anafi USA to government’s.). Thanks again for the feedback (from a fellow Northern IL pilot).

AnafiFlyer

Reaction score
Have you read this?
I did, thanks for responding. Tried the same path, with no luck. I see a DJI or Skydio in my future. I did love the Anafi.

Gary Mortimer

Reaction score
As somebody just considering a purchase, why do you think the service has slowed down? I am in Africa so well outside of most support chains.

IronSky1

Reaction score
My assumption is they are concentrating on other profit centers. Parrot makes quite few product groups.
It is sad because they are one of the few drone makers that has not been taken down. by DJI.

On the other had still a great product escpcially if you want to use automation .

Gary Mortimer

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply IronSky1, I would have thought they would exactly have an advantage over DJI these days.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Auster