Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

"Photo Of The Day"

So I am a lousy photographer but wanted to share this - taken a week or so ago shortly after fire erupted
Its a plume of smoke taken about 70 miles away from wildfire located in Angeles National Forest - Lake Fire
For past couple weeks temps have been between 100 - 115 degrees - everything is dried out and literally a tinderbox
P0950096.JPG

Wow pretty dramatic. Almost looks like a volcano. In N.CA it has been a week of 97 degrees and the bay area is on fire. So smokey you cant go outside.

Stay safe
Sidd

Evening light on Conic Hill and Loch Lomond

Conic Hill (361m) lies on the Highland Boundary Fault and is an ideal spot to see the extent of the impact of the fault line on Loch Lomond.

20200824_Conic_Hill_panorama.jpg

Reactions: BRC and ROBANAFI
Very nice, serene & peaceful and a great way to spend the day
did not know canoe's had motors on them
what did you catch other than a lot of mosquito bites?

Very nice, serene & peaceful and a great way to spend the day
did not know canoe's had motors on them
what did you catch other than a lot of mosquito bites?

Well most times canoes do not have motors but some do. The ones that do usually have a square stern. I had to make a adapter for this one. This is a 14 foot fiber glass canoe. It is a little on the heavy side and when I am in it alone I find it much easier to have the small 1.2 HP motor to help when its windy out. That canoe has been around since the early 70's and I just sanded it all down and repaired any large scratches and made a new yoke for it. Painted it with marine blue and added a new decal. That was its maiden test. Spent a couple of hours on a lake 23 KLMs up the road from me that gets fished pretty heavy but has Splake (trout) fish in it. That day the fish won as I never caught one. :( LOL

2017_1226_103112_002.JPG

2017_1227_054333_002.JPGWaiting On Decals 2.jpg

Not a drone shot.

Another Place is a piece of modern sculpture by Sir Antony Gormley located at Crosby Beach. It consists of 100 cast iron figures facing towards the sea. The figures are modelled on the artist's own naked body

I had the drone with me but the wind and incoming rain stopped me from flying.

I was there last year and the some of the sculptures looked very corroded compared with when we saw them about a year after installation (which was in July 2005 so they are over 15 years old).

Reactions: ROBANAFI
I was there last year and the some of the sculptures looked very corroded compared with when we saw them about a year after installation (which was in July 2005 so they are over 15 years old).

I think thats part of the appeal. I've only been twice but you can see how the weather/elements have effected them differently. Also they get the occasional make over. I've seen photos of them wearing clothes, hats, scarfs, crotchet and the occasional paint job!!

1599498875857.png

A flying in early Autumn over a fishing wharf last weekend,altitude 50M, 1/400s, ISO 100, raw format without filter, adapting custom camera color profile by X-Rite Color Checker Passport in the post.
slide-37.jpgslide-44.jpgslide-45.jpg

Last edited:
Frosty morning in Kakabeka Falls

9PxQf59.jpg

• Love

Another photo from a trip to Snowdonia, North Wales back in August.

Bit of a nightmare to edit this. The above photo was a HDR but no matter how much much i tried i couldn't get an image that didnt have weird "pincushion effect" in the sky. Normally thats caused by stacking photos that have had lens distortion applied but maybe on this occasion it was due to the drone moving slightly between photos? It was showing mainly in the noise so i softened the areas it was most prevalent and i might have got away with it?

Reactions: Jagerbomb52

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut