Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

"Photo Of The Day"

It is taste and "pleasure" how many brackets you want to use. I use the many pictures because it is easier to noise-fight the finished result and then I also think it gives more and smoother color shades. It may also have something to do with the process that is ben used as well as one's habit ?
Absolutely, Leif! They are your images & should always be edited to your taste & enjoyment of them, after all you were there & that would have created a certain feeling within you that you are then exploring the expression of with your editing.

I also think that HDR editors have come forward in leaps & bounds since I used them in that way & there would be the differences in light conditions that e are viewing the images in, with your light being very different to ours down here.

Yes you are heading for the winter down under and we towards the summer. But I suppose there are also clouds with a great water content passing by you too.

Regards, Leif.
We have had an incredibly dry Spring & Summer here, it's evident everywhere with peoples lawns & smaller plants looking quite brown this year! There's another week of 30 & 31degree Celsius weather coming again this week, which I don't mind, personally, but most everyone else here is moaning about it never ending. :rolleyes:

Leif, I enjoy our discussions & know that I can ask technical questions about your images without you being offended. I do try not to go too far off topic for everyone else's benefit, but I must confess to not being the best at that. :giggle:

Reactions: ROBANAFI
Its definitely easier to use automated HDR these days. Even with landscape photography, HDR means filters to control the light are almost redundant!

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
Absolutely, Leif! They are your images & should always be edited to your taste & enjoyment of them, after all you were there & that would have created a certain feeling within you that you are then exploring the expression of with your editing.

I also think that HDR editors have come forward in leaps & bounds since I used them in that way & there would be the differences in light conditions that e are viewing the images in, with your light being very different to ours down here.

We have had an incredibly dry Spring & Summer here, it's evident everywhere with peoples lawns & smaller plants looking quite brown this year! There's another week of 30 & 31degree Celsius weather coming again this week, which I don't mind, personally, but most everyone else here is moaning about it never ending. :rolleyes:

Leif, I enjoy our discussions & know that I can ask technical questions about your images without you being offended. I do try not to go too far off topic for everyone else's benefit, but I must confess to not being the best at that. :giggle:

Yes there is undoubtedly a big difference in the light here where I live opposite it in South Australia. Just that the sun spends much longer time on going up/down makes a big difference and we in the summer never experience it getting really dark at night. This is because I live at 57 degrees north, which corresponds to 57 degrees south down below.

Fun for the summer here in europe in the northern hemisphere was also warm and dry. However, we rarely see more than 30 degrees C in this country and only for very short periods.

Just to round off the HDR talk. That gives the technology the opportunity to raise the light in the dark parts of the image and the light in the bright parts lowered, but unfortunately with the disadvantage that the colors become fake. Personally, I struggle every time to get the colors as natural as possible.

Regards, Leif.

Last edited:
Reactions: Krusty Geeza
My last photo I will post here as I moved to the dark side (Mavic 2 Pro). I had image stabilisation issues with my anafi and got a full refund and put that money towards the mavic. I was fond of the photos the anafi produced, hopefully the Mavic also provides me with enjoyment.

P1730328-Pano-Edit.jpg
by Colm Doyle, on Flickr
I'm so lost between an anafi (usb c charge, quiet, light, 180 degres) and a mavic 2 pro (dynamic range, 10 bits 4k, ocusync 2, 1" sensor) !

I'm so lost between an anafi (usb c charge, quiet, light, 180 degres) and a mavic 2 pro (dynamic range, 10 bits 4k, ocusync 2, 1" sensor) !

I just had to many bugs with the anafi, nothing serious (bunny hop landing, bad wifi, video feed drop outs), but the final straw was my video had a weird horizontal shake, someone here said it was most likely digital stabilisation failing, so I returned the anafi, my retailer took it back no questions asked, I used the credit to get the M2P

I just had to many bugs with the anafi, nothing serious (bunny hop landing, bad wifi, video feed drop outs), but the final straw was my video had a weird horizontal shake, someone here said it was most likely digital stabilisation failing, so I returned the anafi, my retailer took it back no questions asked, I used the credit to get the M2P
Did you have a chance to fly it yet ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caddyb0y