Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Picture auto setting, white balance and video time code

Reaction score
When use auto setting for photo, Anafi's ISO and shutter speed selection often is not optimized for better quality. For example, it would use following setting:
1/1900 sec at f2.4, ISO 181. Why not ISO 100 and a lower shutter speed. Then the next picture, it is using the following setting: 1/950 sec at f2.4, ISO 112 which is better. I know you can choose your own, but, it would be nice not have to always manually override. It seems it will not retain ISO 100 for all other pictures.

The other not so nice thing is picture white balance. It tends to give you muddy color with pink tint and another different color mixed in. It is very difficult to make the color nice looking in Lightroom with DNG file. See examples below.

One more thing is that after imported into the Lightroom, video time code is different from picture time code. It seems Lightroom will adjust GMT time for picture but not for video. There is no way to set time zone in Anafi. Macbook will not display date picture was taken. If you use Preview -> Inspector, created date will show Jan. 1, 1980 at 12:00AM.

Do you have similar experience?
P6820781.jpgP5590573.jpg

Hi,
I have the same problem with the date ... on my MBP.
I use an App " Better Finder Attributes" to correct EXIF .... and works fine !!

Thank you for your feedback! Lightroom can also adjust the time stamp, but when you have more than one camera, it can be confused.

Its hard to judge between the two photos as the second looks better but the snow makes for a lighter foreground(great photo btw!). i would say there is probably little difference between ISO100-200 on the Anafi but i'd rather the drone prioritises sharpness over noise when taking photos :)

It was using HDR Photo at he moment? I haven't look at photos I've taken using HDR mode on Anafi after the last firmware update, but this inconsistency on ISO and shutter speed information can be caused by the method Parrot uses to get the sensor readout in HDR without multiple exposures...

Its hard to judge between the two photos as the second looks better but the snow makes for a lighter foreground(great photo btw!). i would say there is probably little difference between ISO100-200 on the Anafi but i'd rather the drone prioritises sharpness over noise when taking photos :)
Thank you! I am sorry, these two pictures were used for examples of muddy color. I have not includes example photos for shutter speed, just my observation. The shutter speed selection is a little strange between two pictures seconds apart. You would think reduce shutter speed to 1/950 would still be faster enough, therefore, ISO will be reduced from ISO 181 to may be ISO 100. 1/3.2 sensor is not very good for noise especially when you try to life the shadow in lightroom during post processing.

It was using HDR Photo at he moment? I haven't look at photos I've taken using HDR mode on Anafi after the last firmware update, but this inconsistency on ISO and shutter speed information can be caused by the method Parrot uses to get the sensor readout in HDR without multiple exposures...
Thank you! Yes, I am using HDR for video, I am not sure about the picture mode. Normally I shot DNG+JPEG. I will see if it would change if I turn off HDR for video.

Reactions: fischerfoto

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame