Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Pix4D Capture Problems in the newest updates, both iOS and Android

jaja6009

Reaction score
I have not used my Anafi to map or model since September of 2020. I have finally used it again and have found some interesting yet, annoying things.

On Android and iOS Pix4D Capture now takes images in the 16 MP rectilinear format instead of the 21 MP barrel images. These images will now not calibrate correctly in Pix4D mapper, Drone Deploy and Reality Capture.

On Android Pix4D capture now does not let you define you overlap the way you used to be able to in the Advanced mode where you could set both side and front over lap. Not you just get to set high or low overlap. (Yes I did check the box for Enable Advanced Options in the Main Settings)

You gotta love it when app updates go in a backwards direction! LOL

Which updates are you taking about? FF6 ,Anafi or Pi4xdCapture? I have been using Pix4dCapture and have not noticed any issue yet with all up to date

Reactions: kabonski
Which updates are you taking about? FF6 ,Anafi or Pi4xdCapture? I have been using Pix4dCapture and have not noticed any issue yet with all up to date

Same here. I have had no issues with the latest updates on iOS. All my mapping projects seem to process fine in a multitude of software. Just needed to do a new camera calibration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have not noticed that on both Android and iOS that Capture now takes your images in the rectilinear 16 MP format as opposed to the 21 MP.

Pix4D contacted me after an inquiry and stated if I checked older Release Notes that I would see the noted changes to the Anafi now using the 16MP images.

My problem is that the 16 MP images will not calibrate correctly at all. I have a support ticket in on it.

yes you are right, i haven't noticed before or did not pay attention to the resolution ,today run several test with and without Pix4dCapture and all picture are 16 MP with different kind of setting, What the hell is with Parrot? not anymore 21MP?

Later on another session with Pix4dCapture remain the same issue just got 16 MP ,individual picture in raw format are in 21 MP but not rectilinear jpg

Later on another session with Pix4dCapture remain the same issue just got 16 MP ,individual picture in raw format are in 21 MP but not rectilinear jpg
I am kind of irritated with this. The 21 MP images will make better maps and models as they will have more data in them.

I just installed the older Android version 4.8 on my phone so I can use 21MP images again.

They said they did this for greater compatibility, but they should just let you choose 16 or 21 MP instead.

I don't get it how do you use old android version to gets 21MP ,it is not in the software and cannot install or won't work with such version.
I tried different FF6 older version and android 6 but don't get 21MP taking rect JPG ,the problem is the anafi firmware

I don't get it how do you use old android version to gets 21MP ,it is not in the software and cannot install or won't work with such version.
I tried different FF6 older version and android 6 but don't get 21MP taking rect JPG ,the problem is the anafi firmware
No, my guess was wrong. If firmware is now controlling this than I am stuck with the inferior 16 MP images. I hope they change it so you can choose if you want 16 or 21 MP, as the 21 MP are going to have more data and generate more points when generating you sparse and dense point clouds.

I do not know why they change things when they are working just fine.

Do not upgrade your Anafi drone firmware from 1.6.8. ...Lucky that I still haven't done any firmware upgrades !! Dump Parrot personnel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut