Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

PO'd - Card Error

BryceSteiner

Reaction score
I have not had the Anafi Thermal for long but I am getting angry.

How often do you have to start over with the SD card? I put in a 128GB MicroSD into the slot and formatted it the way the forum shows. I worked fine two days ago which was the last time I flew it. I go to fly again - SD Card error. Card can't be read. Flight plans are damaged or corrupted.

This card has worked for many many flights in the M2P - swapping it with another. Never a card error except for when it was full.

Now I can't store locally, and using larger cards than what came with the drone is clearly not approved. What's the solution?

I may send it back as the frustration does not seem worth it if I have to keep going through this.

I reformatted it last night and then it worked again. Today I went to take pictures again and it was a no go. It can't read the SD. Mind You, I am not removing the card at all. Nothing is physically changing.

Is this normal for the Anafi and not just thermal?

This is NOT normal, but it does happen occasionally on regular Anafi’s, and I personally had some issues with large memory SD cards. There is a sticky on SD card formatting over in the regular Anafi section. Check that out. It *might* help.

Also, as a general comment, I’d highly recommend only using approved SD cards listed on parrots website (again, you can find links to that list in the stickies of the regular anafi forums on this site).

I have both the thermal and the original anafi. They are super similar and I’d recommend you spend time in the regular Anafi forum. It’s 100% applicable unless the issue is directly related to the flir camera.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info.

The only way I could get it formatted originally was to find that flagged/sticky thread.

I actually did check to see that it was on the list and it is. It's a name brand SanDisk Extreme 128GB.

I'll try for the 5th time today and see. I think I just need to exchange it. I've made two attempts now in a week to contact tech support. I get a reply that within 48 hours a rep will return my email, but so far it's fallen on deaf keyboards.

Thanks for the info.

The only way I could get it formatted originally was to find that flagged/sticky thread.

I actually did check to see that it was on the list and it is. It's a name brand SanDisk Extreme 128GB.

I'll try for the 5th time today and see. I think I just need to exchange it. I've made two attempts now in a week to contact tech support. I get a reply that within 48 hours a rep will return my email, but so far it's fallen on deaf keyboards.
For what it’s worth, the quick format option is all I use. I can’t back it up with hard data, but anecdotally, it feels like all my problems with SD cards happened after a full format in FreeFlight6 , whereas it’s been clear sailing with the quick format.

As for the SD card, one way to read what you wrote is that you think you should be good because it’s a name brand well known and established SD card. My experience is that it must be an EXACT match for what’s on the list.

They do wear out and you can get a defective one. I have to replace about 4 or 5 over last 3 years. I presume you tried another card? On my security cameras I have to replace at least 1 time a year if you are running 24x7. On the anafi or mavic or inspire they only last so long if they do not format put a new one in.

I have not had the Anafi Thermal for long but I am getting angry.

How often do you have to start over with the SD card? I put in a 128GB MicroSD into the slot and formatted it the way the forum shows. I worked fine two days ago which was the last time I flew it. I go to fly again - SD Card error. Card can't be read. Flight plans are damaged or corrupted.

This card has worked for many many flights in the M2P - swapping it with another. Never a card error except for when it was full.

Now I can't store locally, and using larger cards than what came with the drone is clearly not approved. What's the solution?

I may send it back as the frustration does not seem worth it if I have to keep going through this.
Hi all ... Same issue with brand new ad card as actually supplied with the kit that arrived just yesterday ... My 1st trial of external flight failed due to SD card error ... When I got back to my desk ... Reseated the card then ok?? Mmm it worked last night ok ... Didn't work 1st thing this morning ... Then worked again ... Mmm ... Problem

Hi all ... Same issue with brand new ad card as actually supplied with the kit that arrived just yesterday ... My 1st trial of external flight failed due to SD card error ... When I got back to my desk ... Reseated the card then ok?? Mmm it worked last night ok ... Didn't work 1st thing this morning ... Then worked again ... Mmm ... Problem

If you don't resolve it soon, exchange it. Parrot is of no use to contact. Their support system is worth less than worthless.
I had the exact model of card listed as compatible and I also had the card that came with it - neither worked right. I put the Sandisk Extreme 128 in my DJI Mavic 2 Pro and it has no issues.

Did you solve this? I was going to ask did you notice any play in your disk locking door/flap. Maybe it works fine stationary, but once vibration from flight is involved the card becomes disengaged? I'm a helicopter mechanic. I've seen vibration do weird things...lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut