Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

post crash...GPS not finding satellites

AnafiPilot

Reaction score
I crashed the Anafi today. After replacing 4 props, everything looks really solid externally. But the bird is not picking up any GPS signals. The camera doesn't seem too far off, but won't calibrate properly.

On a side note, I can't get the minimum RTH altitude setting slider to move off zero.

Bottom line- it won't take off.

I reset the controller and the drone, but no luck.

Any helpful thoughts would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Not knowing just how hard you crashed I would think the components inside the Anafi (GPS) would make out OK as I have crashed mine twice into trees and nothing has happened to mine. With that being said the weak spot of the Anafi are the connections. I would go over them carefully. They might look good but just lifting them up and back down again can give you the good connection you need.
Good luck

Reactions: Ana789
I opened it up and pushed in the connectors...no luck. Then I replaced the GPS module, albeit from a drone that crashed harder than this one. Still no GPS signal at the bird.

Called Parrot. They had me reset the drone. No luck.

Kinda strange, considering how clean it looks.

Did you inspect the i.pex connector the GPS antenna plugs in to? not specific to the Anafi, in my day job we have seen these connector cause circuit board tracks to break/lift on the pcb when someone pulls the cable to disconnect it - which may have happened in your crash.

Reactions: Dsrt Drgnfly7
When I snapped the connector onto the motherboard receiver pin, I did not check the receiver pin. This could be really interesting.

What are the options?
1-tight
2-loose
3-broken

It seems like #2 would still function, and #3 would not. Would the remedy for #2 be gluing back to the board?

Is there any remedy for #3?

Thanks for the idea.

i.Pex connectors are generally loose once snapped in - and they allow some rocking of the connection - so you cannot really tell from that, you need to inspect around the connector to see if there has been any damage to where the connector soldered down.

Reactions: Dsrt Drgnfly7

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
falcon_up