Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Propeller numbering!!!

I can see the small damage on both sides of the props (leading and trailing). The notch on the leading side is smaller, possibly because of the thicker material there.
But both sides are damaged.

Starting would obviously damage the trailing edges and stopping mainly the leading edges.
So you can only improve the starting situation -as Agustine said- by putting the trailing edges near the opposite screw before starting.
But there may also be oscillations due to fast motor speed changes, that might throw the props back and forth.

If you watch closely and I know its hard unless you go frame by frame but its not the starting so much its more of when the props stop that they slap against the hub but it should be the leading side which is thicker. I suppose over time they will weaken and finally chip. Also making sure you have a landing pad or hand launching as little rocks getting sucked up into the prop wash will cause you some damage on the props. Lots of variables, just best to inspect them before flights.

What I find more disturbing in my video when I watch it frame by frame is how it starts up LOL Looking straight on the front I can clearly see the back left start up first, then the back right and then the two front motors. Makes me kind of wonder if this is why my Anafi does not always go straight up but tends to drift to the side a bit. :unsure:

I've used a landing pad since day one, or hand launch/retrieve. This could have something to do with my lack of prop damage. but I think starting with the blades overlapped is more important. Or maybe I just don't have enough flights?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Batman