Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Proved correct and stable firmware version for our Parrot Anafi

I still have 5 more month left, to claim warranty.
And I can always go via amazon eu.

But for now I have ordered an Air 2 combo

If you can get it replaced from Amazon.eu why would you not at least get a new one. That way you will have two drones to fly.

Of course I will try to go with amazon, in case Parrot is still playing stupid about damage, which is a result of a powermanagement misinterpretation.
But I can't do it from Thailand!
So I need to get myself with the bird, or the bird alone to Europe, to do that.
Just posting LI ion batteries is a bit difficult, isnt it?
in special in this case, with an extended Anafi package!
One in the bird, ok
But two aside?

In case my anafi would still be "alive", I would have gone for a Mavic Mini
The 249 g. is a teaser for many countries, right now.
Still will do that, as soon travelling is on the menue again.
Thinking even to buy one in China, a lot cheaper there ;-)
Just the Air 2 seems to be a bird "one need to have" NOW
And one more bird to fly will not be a problem, I am flying different birds regulary.
I travel even sometimes with 2 birds in carry on
I'm lovin' it that they are foldable, these days

Of course I will try to go with amazon, in case Parrot is still playing stupid about damage, which is a result of a powermanagement misinterpretation.
But I can't do it from Thailand!
So I need to get myself with the bird, or the bird alone to Europe, to do that.
Just posting LI ion batteries is a bit difficult, isnt it?
in special in this case, with an extended Anafi package!
One in the bird, ok
But two aside?

In case my anafi would still be "alive", I would have gone for a Mavic Mini
The 249 g. is a teaser for many countries, right now.
Still will do that, as soon travelling is on the menue again.
Thinking even to buy one in China, a lot cheaper there ;-)
Just the Air 2 seems to be a bird "one need to have" NOW
And one more bird to fly will not be a problem, I am flying different birds regulary.
I travel even sometimes with 2 birds in carry on
I'm lovin' it that they are foldable, these days

If you read over the DJI forums the Mavic Air 2 has its own problems to. One being wind. Many have lost their new Air 2 from the wind.

and to be honest. Given the experiences on this forum, 1.6.4 would be the last piece of firmware we should stick on, that was the one that clearly showed there was some significant issues, even Parrot themselves admitted there was some serious issues with 1.6.4.

The warranty thing is a biggie, but not upgrading to the latest firmware it always gives the provider a "get out of jail" card.

Every bird has its problems!
Just I haven't have a DJI falling from the sky, yet
Despite the ability of at least some of them, to override the critical battery descend by moving the throttle up! And letting the bird ascend then! Which still let the pilot fly the DJI drone around, till the battery is crushing!

Which is afaik NOT an option on the anafi:
If critical battery descend is active, the anafi is usually going to land, no matter what you as a pilot do, right? You can't stop the descent
So all the battery warning and behavior is totally out of hand of the pilot.
Which makes it impossible to have anything else at fault, in case it falls down to the height of the HP because motors switching off, as the birds fw, the battery management of the bird.
Or do i miss something?

Aside: Just minutes ago I got and "I will be assisting you with your case # ......." email from parrot.

Which I see either as confirmation, the first answer was a bot autgenerated respond or it is a reaction on my answer, to reconsider, b/c the damage is a follow up of an bird controlled "intelligent feature" of the anafi!

We'll see, now I have a list to work down.
With things on it, which are already ask for and answered in the form.
So the parrot-service is really badly organised!
But still not much else to do, so no worries about that.

I will keep the community posted.
Anyway there is most likely, on a good outcome, still the "send to europe" think I have to deal with.

and to be honest. Given the experiences on this forum, 1.6.4 would be the last piece of firmware we should stick on, that was the one that clearly showed there was some significant issues, even Parrot themselves admitted there was some serious issues with 1.6.4.

The warranty thing is a biggie, but not upgrading to the latest firmware it always gives the provider a "get out of jail" card.
Yes, but 1.6.4 was NEVER in my bird!
Also I have the idea, that 1.6.4 was pulled for the CE/FCC trouble, and the battery update was the worrying thing in the first 2020 update-round
Anyway, 3 fw's in 2-3 month, plus 2 battery updates, and still chrash reports afterwards, that is not really convincing, that staying on the last stable version BEFORE the 2020 update-escalation was the wrong thing to do!

I think it is much to simple to say, that one FW crashes birds and another doesn't.
I've had no FW version, that lets my Anafi fall from the sky and I have flown with every FW and software published.
Possibly some points have to come together to cause a crash:
- Anafi FW
- Battery FW
- Battery hardware problems/age
- Battery contact problems
- Sensor/KI problems
- Motor problems
- Prop problems
- Pilot problems ;-)

I think it is much to simple to say, that one FW crashes birds and another doesn't.
I've had no FW version, that lets my Anafi fall from the sky and I have flown with every FW and software published.
Possibly some points have to come together to cause a crash:
- Anafi FW
- Battery FW
- Battery hardware problems/age
- Battery contact problems
- Sensor/KI problems
- Motor problems
- Prop problems
- Pilot problems ;-)
I agree, it is not a specific fw of the bird.
I'd say, that part of the FW got not changed at all, during the fw upgrades.
It seems to be that the bird and the batterie fw aren't be able to discuss the status of the batteries to handle the power management accordingly at all times. The bird "just don't know", how good the battery still is.
And neither bird nor battery resets did change that to a different reading.
Some of us already mentioned, the status of the battery capacity is every time/sometimes different from last times reading. Today it is 100% capacity, 2morrow just 90%. But still 100% charged

I did read out my flight log with the "show anafi log project" software (nice one, thanks!):
Not sure I checked on all things, but the battery level was shown at 20%
And it fell from 15.8m (? , it did not look that high to me, and I was looking at it at all times, since it "played elevator") , after already 4 seconds of critical battery descent from 32 m. But already with increasing speed, it started on 3.3m/s and got high to 5.12m/s
So my guess is that it already fell, but still motors/bird on, after 3 seconds, when it topped the 4m/s
01.jpg

One question:
We can "share" flight logs, per mail, messenger, whatever.
But WHERE on the device, or in the FF6 app, are they saved as a file?
To pull them in on time on to the computer?

I am not sure there is any other option other than going through your flight records in FF6. I generally go through that and dump them all to a folder on the table or memory card in the tablet, i.e DOWNLOADS then pull them in one by one when I connect the tablet to my laptop.

I dont think there is any other sort of record stored on the Anafi itself, its just when you complete a flight, it then appears in FF6, which is why some users have had issues with Parrot when they lose their Anafi during a flight, it doesn't complete the flight record in order for them to send it to Parrot.

Actually you can use "Flight data manger" and it will pull your records from Parrot cloud:

1591859381452.png

Found HERE

I have nothing to hide nor nothing to fear :cool: Might have to change that once I get recruited by MI5 or the CIA though

Yep, nothing to hide.
But you never know about that until someone tells you, that you probably shouldn't have posted that one picture in your social media some years ago, in case you wanted to have this job today, you are not getting.
;-)
it is not now, we have to worry about.
it is how our actions are be seen in the future.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood