Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Question: Auto Return To Home

ionicdrone

Reaction score
I am a new Anafi owner, bought open-box, no warranty unit with one battery (and ordered 2nd battery for $100, will arrive in 2 weeks I hope).

Question: I already installed the FCC mode app from this forum, but I also want be sure, if my Drone fly accidently beyond the range and I stop seeing video/signal,
what settings should I set so if it happens it will auto-return to me? to same place from where I took off?

Thank you !

If I were you I would download the Parrot Anafi Manual, and then have a good read. This will tell you all you need to know about the setup and the settings, this is honestly the best starting point.

If you then go through the application, everything will make sense and you can setup the correct settings.

Signals are different following orders you send in radio frequencies - 2,4 and 5,8 GHz very solid - and overview you get back in Wifi, more fragile. You can lose Wifi signal so overview, okay that's frightening :) , but your drone continue to obey. What you can do in this case is RTH: your machine will hear that, climb to 30 meters if it is under, and come back to starting point 30 meters high

Reactions: 70Falcon
Signals are different following orders you send in radio frequencies - 2,4 and 5,8 GHz very solid - and overview you get back in Wifi, more fragile. You can lose Wifi signal so overview, okay that's frightening :) , but your drone continue to obey. What you can do in this case is RTH: your machine will hear that, climb to 30 meters if it is under, and come back to starting point 30 meters high
If I may ad, prior to takeoff, set your RTH altitude to be higher than the highest object you might encounter on the way home...

Reactions: Jules
Also every time you fly, make sure the drone has a precise home GPS position, before take off (or a few dozens meters above your own position if trees or obstacles prevent a good GPS signal on the ground).
Sometimes it take a few minutes for the GPS to get a precise position, if the drone is already far away and loses the wifi connection, it will RTH there!

Reactions: KGRAT and 70Falcon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davecat44