Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Quick question about PArrot Anafi ND filters

LT Black

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for some ND filters for the Anafi, is my only choice the freewill ones, I cant seem to find many choices online (in the UK) I think ill be needing the ND 8/16/32. All advice welcome and appreciated

the anafi already is not that good for low light. What an ND filter does is provide even less light for the sensor.

If you want ND filter for lower 'shutter' / and thus more motion blur, it's better to do that in post

Hi,

I am looking for some ND filters for the Anafi, is my only choice the freewill ones, I cant seem to find many choices online (in the UK) I think ill be needing the ND 8/16/32. All advice welcome and appreciated
The only (good) ND Filters for the Anafi are the ones from Freewell. There are some Chinese Filters for the Anafi but most of the a absolute crap. It´s important to have good ND Filters so there is not too much loss in image quality.

I would use ND-Filters most time you need it to archive 360° shutter. The Video feels much smoother and somehow right. If you fly really high and objects are far away, you don´t need ND Filters.

And you don´t get a worse low-light quality. When the light is so low that you can archive the right shutter-speed without ND Filter, so you don´t need it for this conditions. You just correct the exposure and don´t underexposure where the sensor wouldn´t get enough light.

Motion blur in the post is just an optical effect, but with ND Filter you get a better overall smoothness and motion blur.

So I can highly recommend ND Filters also for the Anafi, you´ll see a difference :)

Motion blur in the post is just an optical effect, but with ND Filter you get a better overall smoothness and motion blur.

That is not really true though is it?

With an ND Filter on the Anafi you will get much worse image quality, not to mention a ton of noise reduction- and smoothing artefacts/ trails.

Thanks for the replies, Do you have any videos to show filters making the anafi worse quality? as its the first time I have heard that, I'm not savvy with the post-production and wont have a lot of time to edit footage

That is not really true though is it?

With an ND Filter on the Anafi you will get much worse image quality, not to mention a ton of noise reduction- and smoothing artefacts/ trails.

Why you should get more noise?
Instead of getting an overexposed picture with for example 1/60 shutter you get a right exposed picture.
Same ISO, same shutter no underexposed picture -> not more noise

Shure, theoretically with high light and high shutter speed you would get even less noise but that´s not noticeably.

No camera is noisy with iso 100 and 1/60 shutter.

I shot all my anafi videos with ND Filter an 1/60 shutter (or 1/50 when filming 24fps) - no noise correction needed.

Shure, the anafi is not great performing at low light, but thats another story. Has nothing to do with daylight filming and getting 360° shutter with ND filter.

One important thing with ND-filters is that you should get good ones.

Where cheap ND-filters can negatively effect the image quality are the colors and maybe the optical quality of the glass.

Why you should get more noise?
Instead of getting an overexposed picture with for example 1/60 shutter you get a right exposed picture.
Same ISO, same shutter no underexposed picture -> not more noise

Shure, theoretically with high light and high shutter speed you would get even less noise but that´s not noticeably.

No camera is noisy with iso 100 and 1/60 shutter.

I shot all my anafi videos with ND Filter an 1/60 shutter (or 1/50 when filming 24fps) - no noise correction needed.

Shure, the anafi is not great performing at low light, but thats another story. Has nothing to do with daylight filming and getting 360° shutter with ND filter.

One important thing with ND-filters is that you should get good ones.

Where cheap ND-filters can negatively effect the image quality are the colors and maybe the optical quality of the glass.
Of course, i meant 180° shutter not 360° shutter... :rolleyes:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame