Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Real Time Battery Charge 49.5W Anker PD Charger

Any well designed USB device will not pull more than 2.1A from a 5V charger without PD or QC (if the device supports QC, which the Anafi does not)

Some USB chargers can provide more than 2.1A, either as a safety margin, or to support poorly designed USB devices (or people using USB power splitters)

It's good to see that the Anafi is designed properly, and pulls no more than 2.1A from a 5V charger. The Anafi can fast charge only with a PD charger, ideally using the 12V profile. Average for that from tests floating around the forums and facebook is around 95-100 minutes.

Reactions: KentA
Excuse my ignorance, but I was taught that a slow charge was better for the battery.

Excuse my ignorance, but I was taught that a slow charge was better for the battery.
Yes. But the "intelligent" Anafi battery limits the charging power to 11..16 W, that means 1,2..1,4 A (@ 12 V).
That is 0,5 C and is therefore gentle for the battery.

Reactions: Landbo
So if I went to Best Buy to buy a low cost charger for my Anafi is there one available for less than $20 ?

Yes. But the "intelligent" Anafi battery limits the charging power to 11..16 W, that means 1,2..1,4 A (@ 12 V).
That is 0,5 C and is therefore gentle for the battery.

I also can not getting my batteries to charge more than the approx. 0.5C. There is no big difference if the power comes from my PD charger or an regular 5 Volts 2.5 Amp USB charger. If it's because the PD charger does not "speak" the same language as Anafi batteries when they will figure out how to charge the battery, I do not know. :rolleyes:

Regards Leif.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood