Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Refurbished Mavic Pro for $639 or new Parrot Anafi for $699?

TJBC75

Reaction score
Hi all, Just saw that NewEgg is selling the Mavic Pro (refurbished) for $639. i know the Mavic Pro will be discontinued later this month when the new Mavic Pro 2 is introduced, but the refurbished Mavic Pro, which includes a DJI warranty, is a lot of drone for $639. I know the Parrot Anafi has some very nice features, but I am kind of torn on which to recommend to my neighbor, who is looking for his first drone. I own a Mavic Pro but have not bought the Anafi, yet..... Any advice? He is interested in both.

Depends if you want to put up with DJI updates. Some you don't have to take but others you do. Then you have to deal with the Geo fencing DJI has. Some say its not a problem, but others have had enough and thats why they bought the Anafi.
Ya you get a lot more bells and whistles but I don't use that extra stuff so the Anafi works just fine for me.
I say buy what ever works for you, tomorrow there will be something new come along and you will be second thinking this purchase. You will never keep up :)

Reactions: KentA
Although it doesn't look like it on the shelf, the Anafi camera seems to present better video.

The Mavic Pro is a solid performer with a lot of features. I agree with Augustine, if you do not use those features, well...... Although i have never had a problem with the NFZ aspect of the Mavic Pro, I understand why they do it but like the Parrot approach better. I think my neighbor will be waiting for me to buy the Anafi and then try them both! I also agree with KentA that the Anafi camera may be better or at least equal to the Mavic. If that is the case, the lossless zoom and the 180 degree camera angle on the Anafi would push the recommendation to the Anafi. I also like the comments regarding the quietness of the Anafi, although the Mavic Pro with the low noise propellers are pretty good.

just compare features and choose whichever fits your needs. Mostly obstacle avoidance on the dji side (but limits you in speed, so most people dont use it anyway)
and a big plus for the anafi in my opinion is its low noise. neighbors wont get all nervous. the anafi is more likely to be percieved as a toy compared to bigger and louder drones.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
I would wager that the Mavic Pro is the best hobby drone currently out there with it's super rock solid Ocusyc connection. Only one DJI drone (that I am aware of), forced an update and that was the Spark when it just came out it had an electrical issue that was needed to make it safe to fly. I haven't updated my Mavic Pro in over a year. I never had an issue with GEO fencing but I wish DJI would have left it to the operator like in the early days. Unfortunately, some people would surely do stupid things as they always do.

That being said, it may not fit your needs as well as the Parrot. Think about all the things you will do with it and determine which one would work best for you.

Well, i made up this (probably incomplete) list.

Air vs. Anafi: (Dont compare to MP, Evo, MP2, different class of birds)

Pro Anafi & Con Air:
-Anafi is low noise (as loud as the tiny Ryze Tello), Air is loud as Hell.
-Anafi is 2/3 of the weight, less impact damage if the sh*t hits the fan
-Anafi doesnt enforce NFZ crap, Air forces you to obey chinese companys idea of NFZ unless ya hack it.
-Anafi can look 90° up, can shoot full 360 spherical panos
-Anafi can keep Image stabilized at higher wind
-Anafi does not seem to give your data away as much as the Air
-Anafi has much more flight time
-Anafi batteries are able to beeing charged with any USB, optimum with USB-C PD Standard (max 24W, i only have seen 18W)
-Anafi has better low light performance, 1 to 2 F-Stops (amazing)
-Anafi photos have more usable resolution
-Anafi video has lossless Zoom (1.4x 4k or 2.8x FHD)
-Anafi 2D/EIS Gimbal can handle steeper angles / higherwind gusts
-Anafi hardly ever shows prop shadows or the props themselves due to its construction.
-Anafi Lens does not seem to show as much sun flares as the Air

Pro Air & Con Anafi:
-Air has better hover “lock”, like nailed to the sky
-Air Build Quality is fantastic
-Air App DJI GO is more mature with more options & features altogether.
-Air / DJI has a big & nice hacking community (
-Air can be fitted with DJI Care Refresh
-Air has front & back OA Sensors which makes the noobs feel safe until they are not :stuck_out_tongue:
-Air has faster GPS Fix (Anafis improves over time but does not reach Airs speed)
-Air has known good working FCC hack
-Anafi lacks possibility of adjusting RTH Behavior or Altidude (Yeah App thing but outstandingly stupid)
-Anafi EIS can fail in *very* low light conditions (H-jitter)

Ender

Well, i made up this (probably incomplete) list.

Air vs. Anafi: (Dont compare to MP, Evo, MP2, different class of birds)

Pro Anafi & Con Air:
-Anafi is low noise (as loud as the tiny Ryze Tello), Air is loud as Hell.
-Anafi is 2/3 of the weight, less impact damage if the sh*t hits the fan
-Anafi doesnt enforce NFZ crap, Air forces you to obey chinese companys idea of NFZ unless ya hack it.
-Anafi can look 90° up, can shoot full 360 spherical panos
-Anafi can keep Image stabilized at higher wind
-Anafi does not seem to give your data away as much as the Air
-Anafi has much more flight time
-Anafi batteries are able to beeing charged with any USB, optimum with USB-C PD Standard (max 24W, i only have seen 18W)
-Anafi has better low light performance, 1 to 2 F-Stops (amazing)
-Anafi photos have more usable resolution
-Anafi video has lossless Zoom (1.4x 4k or 2.8x FHD)
-Anafi 2D/EIS Gimbal can handle steeper angles / higherwind gusts
-Anafi hardly ever shows prop shadows or the props themselves due to its construction.
-Anafi Lens does not seem to show as much sun flares as the Air

Pro Air & Con Anafi:
-Air has better hover “lock”, like nailed to the sky
-Air Build Quality is fantastic
-Air App DJI GO is more mature with more options & features altogether.
-Air / DJI has a big & nice hacking community (
-Air can be fitted with DJI Care Refresh
-Air has front & back OA Sensors which makes the noobs feel safe until they are not :stuck_out_tongue:
-Air has faster GPS Fix (Anafis improves over time but does not reach Airs speed)
-Air has known good working FCC hack
-Anafi lacks possibility of adjusting RTH Behavior or Altidude (Yeah App thing but outstandingly stupid)
-Anafi EIS can fail in *very* low light conditions (H-jitter)

Ender
I just wanted to point out the OP is comparing the Mavic Pro, not the Mavic Air. It is also a great quad but lacks Occusync.

I just wanted to point out the OP is comparing the Mavic Pro, not the Mavic Air. It is also a great quad but lacks Occusync.
**** your right, as you are an Admin, feel *very* free to delete my post, quite Off Topic.

Many points of the comparison are still valid but naaaaaah :)

Just let me point out that the 30 MBit of the Pro kills all working with its 4k material if you are serious.
SOld my Pro the minute the Air came out and sold the Air after spending two weeks of holday with Anafi & Air side by side :)

So: SORRY !

Ender

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
All, Thanks for all the information! I appreciate it. Ender, It seems like you went through a progression of DJI products and then settled on the Anafi. What was your overriding reason? Can you give me your comparison of the signal strength between the Air and the Anafi, both being wifi based? One of the big factors my neighbor likes about the Mavic Pro is the FPV signal is strong.when he has flown mine. He has never lost connection with the MP, although he has never flown farther than 3,000 feet. He probably will be a flyer that stays within a 2,000 foot range, mostly in a suburban area. Do you think the Anafi can handle that with a wifi based connection? Also, he is leaning towards the Anafi because of the quiet props - he does not like the Mavic Air sound when flying. Is the Anafi really that quiet compared to other drones? Anyone, feel free to chime in on the connection of the Anafi. Thanks..

Hi,
absolute overriding reason was the low noise.
For a final test i took the Air & the Anafi to a holiday. I used the Anafi 10/10 times because tehre always was at least ONE other patty in sight when i wanted to fly and as much as i hate to be dusturbed i hate to disturb others. and in 8/10 times the others not even heard the Anafi, the other two times they were emchanted when talking to me abot the drone.

Air is even louder then The Mavic Pro with Platinum props.
The overruling decision between Ait & Pro was the too-low Bitrate in 4k that leads to artifacts in dark tones and sharpness pumping.

The less good build quality of the Anafi and the lower maturity of the software has been countered by the fact that the Anafi has slightly betetr still image Quality than the Air & the Pro and the flight time is GREAT.
Toughest Pro on the Anafi:
-Missing features in the App (hopefully beeing worked on & gaps filled by 3'rd party apps like litchi fpr DJI)
-Missing ability to set RTH Altitude, fixed to 20m
As for the Connection:
I judge the Range of the Anafi to be on the very same level compared to the Air.
In CE mode i was able to fly further on my test range, in forced FCC mode i was able to fly "far enough" but did not reach the same range as the Air.
(CE about 1.3km, FCC about 3km).
That was under perfect conditions, thats why its my test range, Altitude 50m.

But i gave the list so everybody can give each Pro & con some points and then calculate his personal result.
Greetings,

Ender

The easy & stupid way is to use FakeGPS with the backlash that the shown distance is wrong and the smart modes will not work correctly. normal flying is fine as the anafi will go back to its starting point no matter where the controller seems to be located.
But work is been done to have a better way, trust me :)

Ender

Thanks for pointing that price drop out! I just checked Amazon in the US (and Best Buy and B+H Photo), still the same price - $699 US. Hope it drops here with the release of the two new Mavic Pro 2 models today. Parrot would be wise to be aggressive in pricing to increase its market share. Even though the new Mavic's are pretty expensive, people will buy them. Also, heard a rumor that the Autel Evo will be dropping its price soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut