Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Report any problems with June 19th Anafi update here V1.5.1 & V1.5.6

Perhaps hoping it fixed the problem?That's what a lot of firmware updates do,right?But alas,I was mistaken.
I can see that it should have been stated that the problem with this new update is that it did not fix a problem some of us are having,even after talking to Parrot.
I guess our comments can stand now?
If you see it as a problem of this or any update not to fix a certain issue, then of course all ok.
But::
1. There is an own thread on the "stopped logging flights issue" here:
2. I understand this thread started by Agustine as a possibility to report about NEW problems which might occur with this update.

Hi. I have identified a couple of issues with the latest os release:
- I did six flights this morning and all were video recorded in FreeFlight 6, however it only shows 3 flight logs.
- in the main menu of the FreeFlight 6 app (iphone) the drone battery indicator showed 74%, which seemed accurate. However, when I moved to the “FLY” menu the drone battery inaccurately showed 100%.

I updated yesterday (22nd June) and made 8 flights (it's not very often we get perfect flying weather in Scotland AND at a weekend!!)

No issues noted with flying, however one previous bug appears to be fixed and a new bug introduced....

Bug Fixed: Since previous update (FF6.5.1 / SC 1.5.0 / Anafi 1.5.4) every time I had switched away from photo mode JPEG RECT, either to take video, or to land and start a new flight, the app would revert to JPEG WIDE mode. This has now been fixed.

New Bug: When using the app to view the SD card, once all thumbnails have loaded, if you touch any thumbnail (which should allow you to view the photo/video or start the process for creating a panorama from a group of photos) what now happens is the screen slides slightly to the left, then reverts to the Main screen. Doing this to any thumbnail has the same effect. You can still (this is now the only option that works) press 'Select', then select a few photos/videos, and then download them. This is now the only way I can download via the app in order to create a horizontal panorama from 10 shots. Not the end of the world, but inconvenient.

(Using FF6.5.1 on my Samsung S7 phone)

I updated yesterday (22nd June) and made 8 flights (it's not very often we get perfect flying weather in Scotland AND at a weekend!!)

No issues noted with flying, however one previous bug appears to be fixed and a new bug introduced....

Bug Fixed: Since previous update (FF6.5.1 / SC 1.5.0 / Anafi 1.5.4) every time I had switched away from photo mode JPEG RECT, either to take video, or to land and start a new flight, the app would revert to JPEG WIDE mode. This has now been fixed.

New Bug: When using the app to view the SD card, once all thumbnails have loaded, if you touch any thumbnail (which should allow you to view the photo/video or start the process for creating a panorama from a group of photos) what now happens is the screen slides slightly to the left, then reverts to the Main screen. Doing this to any thumbnail has the same effect. You can still (this is now the only option that works) press 'Select', then select a few photos/videos, and then download them. This is now the only way I can download via the app in order to create a horizontal panorama from 10 shots. Not the end of the world, but inconvenient.

(Using FF6.5.1 on my Samsung S7 phone)
This "New Bug" was already reported before this update (I don't find the post actually). So the issue is possibly also a "Not fixed bug".

This "New Bug" was already reported before this update (I don't find the post actually). So the issue is possibly also a "Not fixed bug".
That's odd, as that was definitely a new bug for me. I had tested all sorts of things after the update in May, and certainly the ability to view photos from the SD card via the app (and crucially to create a horizontal panorama via the app) was not affected. Now, for me, these have changed since 19th June.

That's odd, as that was definitely a new bug for me. I had tested all sorts of things after the update in May, and certainly the ability to view photos from the SD card via the app (and crucially to create a horizontal panorama via the app) was not affected. Now, for me, these have changed since 19th June.
I realized this or a slightly different issue before this update when trying to download a single media from the drone by tapping on its icon in the gallery. This was successful only for the first picture, then tapping on another picture/video had no effect. I had to leave the gallery and go into it again to download or view the next single media.
So if you mean that bug, it's still there and was there before 19th June.

IOS? I have no Gallery download issues with my Android.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I realized this or a slightly different issue before this update when trying to download a single media from the drone by tapping on its icon in the gallery. This was successful only for the first picture, then tapping on another picture/video had no effect. I had to leave the gallery and go into it again to download or view the next single media.
So if you mean that bug, it's still there and was there before 19th June.
What I am seeing does appear to be slightly different from your issue. It's not different between tapping the first and then subsequent pictures - it's applicable to all pictures (and videos) as tapping on any thumbnail effectively causes the app to (sort of) crash. Not a hard crash - as in any system message - and not even a reset back to the loading screen, but the screen simply 'slides left' for less than one second and goes back to the Home screen (where you have 'My Parrot' bottom left and 'FLY >>>' bottom right.)

So, you can no longer preview any photo/video, you have to press 'Select' first, then select some thumbnails, then 'download'

RELEASE NOTE:
ANAFI V1.5.6, ANAFI THERMAL V1.5.6, SKYCONTROLLER V1.5.1
Anafi (4K & Thermal)

• Added hand launch takeoff support in Flight Plan
  • Fixed abnormal LED behavior during firmware update
  • Corrected an issue where the thermal sensor could lag during initialisation
Skycontroller

• Corrected streaming issues
  • Corrected an issue when logs would not index correctly at the end of a flight

My fell out of the sky during a flightplan right after updating\calibrating, did not return home. I've done this plan many times. Drone lost :( I've logged it with parrot to see what they can do.

My fell out of the sky during a flightplan right after updating\calibrating, did not return home. I've done this plan many times. Drone lost :( I've logged it with parrot to see what they can do.
Sorry to hear that... Which firmware was you coming from?

Anyone happen to know where the update file is stored? Thinking that if it's deleted, it wont try and update the Anafi.....

On android, this is the location: root/data/user/0/com.parrot.freeflight6/files/firmwares/anafi_4k/1.5.6/anafi_update.tar.gz

Probably you'll need to delete this once you've opened up the app, but before connecting to the drone. Make sure, that the app have no access to the internet after deleting the file. (You can turn off internet access in the settings for each app)

Many thanks.
And, yep - it has no internet access while connected to Anafi :)

I meant to completely disable the apps internet access, so it cannot get updated.
If you're using the controller, you should not be connected to the drone's wifi anyways.

If you go to Settings > Apps & notifications > FreeFlight 6 > Data usage, you can enable Wi-Fi disabled and Disabled data usage in order to deny the app's request connecting to the internet. I would assume it would be needed once you delete the firmware to not to get updates again, but I haven't tried it myself.
On my phone, if the WiFi I'm connected to doesn't have internet, the phone will use my data plan to go online.
I'm using a Oneplus 5, running the latest Android Pie Open Beta version.

My anafi did not fly for a long time, today I decided to fly on it, the app offered me to upgrade my drone and remote controller, after that I can watch the video and controll the drone for about 1 minutes, after that the link disappears and it does not return any more. Only a complete reset to factory settings. Next is connecting through a wifi, calibrating, some video and all again disappearing.

My anafi did not fly for a long time, today I decided to fly on it, the app offered me to upgrade my drone and remote controller, after that I can watch the video and controll the drone for about 1 minutes, after that the link disappears and it does not return any more. Only a complete reset to factory settings. Next is connecting through a wifi, calibrating, some video and all again disappearing.
Pls. check whether Wifi on your phone is OFF.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood