Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Return to home not working after update to latest firmware

Humm, I have not see this message on two different Anafi drones. I am using V9 Android cell phone OnePlus 5T. What type of cell phone and version of the OS you use to run the App? Parrot support try to have me test this with a different cell phone, but I dont have another phone to test. I wonder Parrot App has issues with different versions of the Android OS.

If you look at your phone and press take off, you cannot avoid seeing the message just below the Take off/Land button on the screen. It is built into APP and does not depend on which phone/tablet you are using.

The text does not stand very long time on the screen so maybe that's why you haven't seen it ?

Regards, Leif.

You should use RTH from higher distances. 20..30m from takeoff point could be too near.
Agreed I have had RTH not work as well if I am close to my take off point like 25-50 away which is a problem since you do not no when you will need to use RTH not sure on its relaiblility close to take off point

If you look at your phone and press take off, you cannot avoid seeing the message just below the Take off/Land button on the screen. It is built into APP and does not depend on which phone/tablet you are using.

The text does not stand very long time on the screen so maybe that's why you haven't seen it ?

Regards, Leif.
I have only seen this message display on Youtube Anafi video, the message display for a couple seconds. I tried both take off button on the controller and on my phone, I have never see this message display on my phone. I did mentioned this to the Parrot support, he didnt said anything about the missing message on my phone, and suggested that I should try it on a different phone. I wonder if it may have something to do with the GPS. Maybe someone from Parrot who is reading this can give us some insight to what is going on. Even I dont see this message on my phone, but the RTH appears to work on my new drone I got yesterday.

I have only seen this message display on Youtube Anafi video, the message display for a couple seconds. I tried both take off button on the controller and on my phone, I have never see this message display on my phone. I did mentioned this to the Parrot support, he didnt said anything about the missing message on my phone, and suggested that I should try it on a different phone. I wonder if it may have something to do with the GPS. Maybe someone from Parrot who is reading this can give us some insight to what is going on. Even I dont see this message on my phone, but the RTH appears to work on my new drone I got yesterday.
All my RTH problems (and almost all other problems) disappeared after buying a phone with more RAM (4GB).
The message not popping up could be app permissions related.

I know it has nothing to do with telephoning GPS as it is not used to determine the RTH point. Precision RTH also works with my old tablet that absolutely no GPS has built in.

You just have to let Anafi hover a few seconds after take off so she has to make the photo for the RTH presentation.

I suppose a supporter suggests people to try with another phone if they can't figure out what happens. The same applies to the message of reinstalling FF6. They just hope "they win in the lottery" with that message.

We now have to ask which phone you are using ?

Regards, Leif.

All my RTH problems (and almost all other problems) disappeared after buying a phone with more RAM (4GB).
The message not popping up could be app permissions related.
I use the OnePlus 5T with 8 GB RAM, and 128 GB storage with android 9 installed, and it has a fast snapdragon 835 processor. I went thru the standard reinstall FF6, recal both controller, drone, and camera with support. The first Anafi RTH definitely does not mark the take off home location correctly, it always drop from the current location no matter how far(min 50') it is from the take off point. The new one I have works fine, except I never see that "Precision Home Set" message. Parrot support gave up after I spend a few hours with them. This maybe a hardware issue with some units, giving a few have encountered the same problem, but others have no issue with the RTH. I just wanted to share what I went thru and help others who may encounter the same problem without pulling their hair out.

Strange before my last update RTH works just great and now with the last update NO RTH anymore, so if i have a problem while flying my drone won’t find home,....

When that happened to me, I did a full reset to the whole equipment and bought a new phone (Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 global).
I got a new phone because in the android system logs (you need the phone to be rooted) I could see that the app caused a lot of memory allocation errors (insufficient memory).
Now all works most of the time. The only problem that stayed is, that Anafi sometimes is hopping around the space after landing. But I think this related to landing on a very soft ground - e.g. landing pad on soft grass.

I am a 3 year drone pilot and have quite a few different brands/models. I was excited to receive my first Parrot Drone today (Anafi), but very disappointed to learn that I am having the identical problem of RTH not returning home. The Anafi just drops in place quite rapidly, and hovers at about 10 feet. I have tried various distances and altitudes, all sufficiently far away. I am awaiting support to get back to me. I filed a request but no reply yet.

Parrots call center only works Monday to Friday and your best bet is to call them first thing Monday when they open up. Emails can go unanswered for days sometimes.

I am a 3 year drone pilot and have quite a few different brands/models. I was excited to receive my first Parrot Drone today (Anafi), but very disappointed to learn that I am having the identical problem of RTH not returning home. The Anafi just drops in place quite rapidly, and hovers at about 10 feet. I have tried various distances and altitudes, all sufficiently far away. I am awaiting support to get back to me. I filed a request but no reply yet.
If you say "all sufficient far away": RTH works as described in the manual only rather far away from you/SC3: must be > 30..35m.

I have had quite a few DJI and Parrot drones for the past 4 years and I don't trust any automatic functions. My new Mavic 2 goes in the opposite direction on occasions when RTH is triggered my Anafi is very era-dict coming down to maybe 10-15 feet and just hovers. I have found the best way is land it manually or RTH under control and have GPS finder on craft if you are out of sight. The only drone I have had good RTH is the emergency mode on the BB2 it does come home just hope there is nothing in the path (like a tree) though the BB2 is pretty robust when tumbling down from tree top height . RTH is very dependent on capturing a good home point and having clean GPS to find its way back.

Reactions: Dirk_ANAFI

If you press the button marked with a house on the controller in 2 sek, Anafi will come home if you are over 25 meters from where you takeoff.

You just have to remember that the icon for the GPS signal on the APP must be green before you takeoff as it shows that Anafi knows its position where it started from.

And yes, RTH works every time the feature is activated, if people just let Anafi find her position before takeoff.

Otherwise read the manual again before flying next time ?

Fly safe, regards Leif.

If you press the button marked with a house on the controller in 2 sek, Anafi will come home if you are over 25 meters from where you takeoff.

You just have to remember that the icon for the GPS signal on the APP must be green before you takeoff as it shows that Anafi knows its position where it started from.

And yes, RTH works every time the feature is activated, if people just let Anafi find her position before takeoff.

Otherwise read the manual again before flying next time ?

Fly safe, regards Leif.
Yes , I was careful to observe the number of SATs I was tracking at Takeoff. While only 3 are needed for a GPS chip to define its position, I had 11 or more SATs on each take-off. I also recorded a PRECISE HOME POINT on each take off. MY rule of thumb for flying any of my GPS drones is to acquire 9 or more SATs before take-off. So the problem was neither lack of a recorded home point, nor a weak drone constellation at time of flight.

I have more than a dozen GPS drones and I never had RTH problems with any of them, before I acquired this Anafi.

Yes , I was careful to observe the number of SATs I was tracking at Takeoff. While only 3 are needed for a GPS chip to define its position, I had 11 or more SATs on each take-off. I also recorded a PRECISE HOME POINT on each take off. MY rule of thumb for flying any of my GPS drones is to acquire 9 or more SATs before take-off. So the problem was neither lack of a recorded home point, nor a weak drone constellation at time of flight.

I have more than a dozen GPS drones and I never had RTH problems with any of them, before I acquired this Anafi.
RTH might not function if the drone has to few SATs in the moment of the pressed RTH (not only at takeoff).

RTH might not function if the drone has to few SATs in the moment of the pressed RTH (not only at takeoff).
Yes, that's a possibility, but it was a clear day and the Kp Level was 2, giving an EST SATs LOCKED of over 18. So if the Anafi cannot keep a strong lock on at least 9 SATs there is a manufacturing or design error with it. I have never lost SATs on any of my other drones while flying at reasonable heights over all obstacles, or I would have gone into atti mode.

I have never seen a pre-flight GPS Constellation in my flight area of less than 14 lockable SATs, and the max I have seen is 28 SATs. (yes I always check lockable SATs before I fly, along with all other weather/wind info).

Today's generation of GPS chips are so sensitive, I have difficulty blaming a broken SAT lock (hardware) as causing the problem I am having. More likely it is a programming error (bug) in the firmware.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking