Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Sepia filter like color issue

Massimo Luca

Reaction score
Lately I have experienced very annoying issues concerning the quality of some of the pictures that I take with the Anafi during both automatic flight (with Pix4D Capture) and sometimes, but less frequently, also using the FreeFlight6 and taking photos manually.
In particular the quality, or more precisely, the color tone of the pictures turns to something that seems to be affected by a sort of Sepia Filter. For instance I post here two successive images taken during a flight over a bridge. The images in this case had been taken automatically with Pix4D Capture, but as I already mentioned, it also can happen when using FreeFlight6.

P3910619.JPG

P3910618.JPG

Another image with the unwanted sepia effect is this one
P3840512.JPG

Has anyone experienced this problem before? How could it be solved?
Thanks a lot for any suggestion

Yes this happens to me as well using Pix4dCapture and FF6
what kind of picture setting are you using?
In my case I was using HDR or AE most of the time ,since changed it into manual settings no HDR or any automatic pre setting the issue disappears

Lately I have experienced very annoying issues concerning the quality of some of the pictures that I take with the Anafi during both automatic flight (with Pix4D Capture) and sometimes, but less frequently, also using the FreeFlight6 and taking photos manually.
In particular the quality, or more precisely, the color tone of the pictures turns to something that seems to be affected by a sort of Sepia Filter. For instance I post here two successive images taken during a flight over a bridge. The images in this case had been taken automatically with Pix4D Capture, but as I already mentioned, it also can happen when using FreeFlight6.

View attachment 5671

View attachment 5670

Another image with the unwanted sepia effect is this one
View attachment 5672

Has anyone experienced this problem before? How could it be solved?
Thanks a lot for any suggestion
Anafi uses very warm yellowish colors in normal settings. This is especially weird when there are green plants in the shot. I fix this by using P-log color adjustment instead of natural, and then applying DJI phantom4 color settings in a video editor. This restores the original colors.

Anafi uses very warm yellowish colors in normal settings. This is especially weird when there are green plants in the shot. I fix this by using P-log color adjustment instead of natural, and then applying DJI phantom4 color settings in a video editor. This restores the original colors.
Thanks a lot for your suggestion, but I would like not to make any postprocessing if possible, as this would take some extra time and also mapping software always recommend to use unchanged pictures for the 3D reconstruction mapping process. The odd thing is that the colors tones can vary abruptly during the same flight, as I showed by the two pictures of the bridge

Thanks a lot for your suggestion, but I would like not to make any postprocessing if possible, as this would take some extra time and also mapping software always recommend to use unchanged pictures for the 3D reconstruction mapping process. The odd thing is that the colors tones can vary abruptly during the same flight, as I showed by the two pictures of the bridge
If this is the case, adjust the white balance to sunlight instead of the automatic mode. Leaving it in auto mode mixes yellow to the image in scenes with many cold colors, and adds blue to the image when shooting warm colors to balance. In manual mode, it does not monitor the image content, but adjusts the color depending on the setting (sunlight, shadow, etc.), which therefore does not change.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut