Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Signal interference causes frozen screen. Any fix?

ihavequestions

Reaction score
When you lose signal due to interference, the video seems to freeze. Is anyone else getting this? If so, any fix while in mid-flight so I don't have to land and reboot?

When you lose signal due to interference, the video seems to freeze. Is anyone else getting this? If so, any fix while in mid-flight so I don't have to land and reboot?

I do not think you could lose the connection between APP and controller due to interference. But you can lose the connection between controller and your quad. Then it shot reconnect automatically when interference stops, or the quad flies under RTH towards the controller.

If it is the connection between the phone and the controller, unplug the USB plug and insert again. Then restarting Free Flight 6 itself again

If the program stops due to lack of horsepower under the hood on your phone, you need a faster one. The last error here can be identified if you get a big delay on the image connection from the quad.

Regards Leif.

No it's the camera going crazy and the video feed stopping while everything else still working fine and telemetry continues to update, got that same thing yesterday.

Try switching back and forth between photo and video mode, that worked for me.

I do not think you could lose the connection between APP and controller due to interference. But you can lose the connection between controller and your quad. Then it shot reconnect automatically when interference stops, or the quad flies under RTH towards the controller.

If it is the connection between the phone and the controller, unplug the USB plug and insert again. Then restarting Free Flight 6 itself again

If the program stops due to lack of horsepower under the hood on your phone, you need a faster one. The last error here can be identified if you get a big delay on the image connection from the quad.

Regards Leif.

Thanks, I'll try these steps next time. No delay on image from quad.

No it's the camera going crazy and the video feed stopping while everything else still working fine and telemetry continues to update, got that same thing yesterday.

Try switching back and forth between photo and video mode, that worked for me.

I suspect you might be right as I think I remember the freezing happening when I go into photo mode. Then it never gets out of the frozen state after I took the photo.

Same, mine froze after taking a photo. After 30sec I decided to try switching to video mode and got the feed back.

Everytime i ve gotten a strong interference message, restoring true line of sight or getting the drone back closer clears the message. At what range does your freeze?

I ve add the app freeze i flight a couple of times, everytime it was when i forgot to put the phone in airplane mode. Forcing a shut down on every other app can also help as well a full daioy reboot of the phone

Everytime i ve gotten a strong interference message, restoring true line of sight or getting the drone back closer clears the message. At what range does your freeze?

I ve add the app freeze i flight a couple of times, everytime it was when i forgot to put the phone in airplane mode. Forcing a shut down on every other app can also help as well a full daioy reboot of the phone
I was probably around 400 ft away from and under 200 ft up. Will try these steps though. Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut