Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Similar to Anafi but not DJI?

I think you can't do the comparison between parrot and dji products, because dji's products are more suitable to the consumer side that means they are easy to use and friendly, but parrot's products are more in the technical side, that means you have to try to understand how to use it, this is why most hobbyists like dji but not anafi, my opinion that anafi is superior in the technology (such as now anafi ai, anafi usa...) and have enough functions for photo and video making, suitable for amateur and professional users, but not for fun like dji with longer ranges and less radio interference.
I have 3 anafi and 1 mini2 for my different usages as a amateur photographer.
By the way, when you purchase a product then it is belong to you, nobody can take any responsibility for it, including the manufacture.

Anafi isn't superior in any way if Parrot won't support it. In the US, they don't offer any warranty for new ones nor will they offer any support whatsoever if you're out of warranty. If you can't even pay a company to provide service for their wonky drones (because Parrot provides zero support), what good are they? Did I mention that Parrot provides zero support for Anafi in the US?

Reactions: RainyShadow
I think you can't do the comparison between parrot and dji products, because dji's products are more suitable to the consumer side that means they are easy to use and friendly, but parrot's products are more in the technical side, that means you have to try to understand how to use it, this is why most hobbyists like dji but not anafi, my opinion that anafi is superior in the technology (such as now anafi ai, anafi usa...) and have enough functions for photo and video making, suitable for amateur and professional users, but not for fun like dji with longer ranges and less radio interference.
I have 3 anafi and 1 mini2 for my different usages as a amateur photographer.
By the way, when you purchase a product then it is belong to you, nobody can take any responsibility for it, including the manufacture.
Does it depend on what we call good?
The simplicity and price of Anafi is the advantage.

-Lighter weight compared to DJI
-It can be opened quickly and easily
-Ready to take off very quickly
-It can be started from your hand
-No noise at start-up (quiet, discreet self-test)
-Very quiet (DJI has just achieved this)
-Your software is more manageable and transparent
-Do not whistle during RTH, discreet
-There is no NFZ that can prevent you from flying
-180 degrees gimbal
-Soft start and stop ZOOM
-The gimbal control button moves up and down, just like the gimbal itself, so you don't have to learn it (DJI horizontal rotary knob)
-All flight modes can be customized (turn speed, response, etc.)
and so on...

Similar flight and video features are provided by DJIs at a much higher cost and their machines with similar knowledge are much heavier.

Well, the support is bad, unfortunately.

Reactions: jspg
Why are you shilling for Parrot? I already know all this stuff. I've owned 4 or 5 of these. This isn't a 20 dollar toaster oven that breaks after a year, no big deal, just go buy another one. It's a $600. drone that comes with no support. They got their huge military contract and left consumers to fend for themselves. If you have one that still works, great. Just don't crash it and you better hope it doesn't develop vertical camera error.

Why are you shilling for Parrot? I already know all this stuff. I've owned 4 or 5 of these. This isn't a 20 dollar toaster oven that breaks after a year, no big deal, just go buy another one. It's a $600. drone that comes with no support. They got their huge military contract and left consumers to fend for themselves. If you have one that still works, great. Just don't crash it and you better hope it doesn't develop vertical camera error.
Refurbished Anafis (you wrote in another post that you bought refurbished Anafis) of course get no Parrot support.

Dude, I never said I expected FREE flippin' repairs. I was completely willing to pay them or pay a repair service, but Parrot would not provide assistance to myself or to a repair service. How does that make any sense? All they had to do was sell parts to the repair company, but they refuse. I have sent an EVO in to Autel Robotics for out of warranty repair, no problem, as well as a PP4 to DJI.

Last edited:
Since my Anafi mysteriously became unusable, I am on the hunt for a non DJI drone similar to Anafi. Any ideas? I already have a Mavic mini, but I want a small light weight drone that doesn't have flight restrictions. I really like the small size, light weight, and of course the image quality, but since Parrot does not support Anafi anymore, I am done with them. Thanks for any tips.
Has anyone checked out the Skydio 2? I’ve checked the Owners Manual and their support site, but haven’t found anything about built in flight restrictions. All mention of that topic is about personal responsibility and using B4Ufly.

As an aside, it uses the Anafi’s controller, though with custom firmware.

I looked into that one. It's too heavy, too expensive, and seems to be optimized for tracking. I don't need tracking. The Hubsan Zino Mini Pro seems the best alternate for the defunct Anafi.

Reactions: Alphaman
Has anyone checked out the Skydio 2?
Note that the Starter Package does not include a remote. They imagine most people will launch controlling with their phone and then go to tracking mode. Also, watch this video for a range test; it seems quite limited and shorter than the Anafi.

That's OK if all you use it for is subject tracking but other uses not so much. It does seem to have the best obstacle avoidance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
folgorem