Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SkyShit Booster mods for BB2 any good?

MavicPro1966

Reaction score
Anybody having any problems with this mod? I know the kit no longer includes a internal cooling fan due to interference. So what keeps the boosters cool? I was told by seller (maker) to turn off boosters when not in use. I personally don’t want to turn boosters on and off every time I want to fly long distance. Does it increase your flying distance or is it the same as stock. How’s the battery consumption.

Anybody having any problems with this mod? I know the kit no longer includes a internal cooling fan due to interference. So what keeps the boosters cool? I was told by seller (maker) to turn off boosters when not in use. I personally don’t want to turn boosters on and off every time I want to fly long distance. Does it increase your flying distance or is it the same as stock. How’s the battery consumption.
Hi,battery consumption is minimal,booster is connected directly to the power/board thus small switch so booster wouldnt run when skycontroller is off,
Dont forget,if your booster is off ,your signal going trough dead booster will not be strong as before when you didnt have any booster.....due interferance he got rid of fan and added heat sinks to boosters thus heat problem was solved....What I believe to be 3W boosters are “factory calibrated”(that dude has some connections and some really expansive equipment) down to aprox.1.7W(not gonna find that anywhere) and properly calibrated to give you max .signal strenght.....to get it to work really good you need bebop booster and skycontroller booster,he sells it as a kit......its a difficult installation for someone without any soldering experience,i have lots of experience so installing bebop booster took 1 hour(mostly taking bebop completly appart) and skycontroller took few days because i wanted it done my way......from what i can tell bebop booster helps a lot with interferance and sky booster gives you some serious range(compared to flying without booster).....i flew bebop with different boosters,sc1 with different boosters and sc2 with different booster and i can say mod made by solaris is the best booster mod for bebop out there
Here is pic of my skycontroller,addd voltage meter,extra booster light for power and signal and added led power button for a booster

Thanks for your response Skydreamer.

A buddy of mine purchased the mod kit and said it is great for low flying and crystal clear no lag fpv better than before but distance is the same as stock was able to fly 2.17miles out not the 4K 2.49miles in the countryside away from interference. Still he was very pleased with the mod.

All depends how you hold controller,antenna panel is slightly facing up , lowering it bit down so the panel is 100% vertical will give you more range....taking off from high position is big plus
Here is funny video made by solaris,3.2km

Reactions: longnez01
What if you could get unlimited range? Well...limited to a 4G signal that is.

uavpal/beboptwo4g

This is showing the mod on the Parrot Disco but it can also be used for the Bebop 2!

I like the idea of using 4G LTE but I don’t have a 4G LTE unlimited data plan. Also you will lose 4G LTE connection if it’s down.

Last edited:
I like the idea of using 4G LTE but I don’t have a 4G LTE unlimited data plan. Also you will lose 4G LTE connection if it’s down.

What happens if the 4G goes down is you return to home and pick up your regular signal when your drone gets close enough to you.

Hi, I bought the booster, I installed the booster correctly on the drone and it worked perfectly, but when I install the booster on SC2 it does not work, I tried the sc2 and when I press the power button the led blinking red for 5 seconds and then the control goes off.

When you press the power button in a normal SC2, the led blinking red for 5 seconds and then the control connect with the drone, but in this case, with the booster installed the SC2 goes off.

In this 5 seconds i think that the SC2 performs checks and then connects with the parrot disco.

I talked to the creator of the booster and asked him, and he told me that this had happened to other people but they had solved it but he did not know how.

Somebody happened this?

PABLO

This guys kits are real crap, he uses 3 signal repeater boards for the Skycontroller and the Hull mode that wholesale for $15 each. But his kits are around $300 and he doesn’t include all the parts, sometimes the positive pole is on the right and sometimes on the left, he leaves all the hard work for the customer that could be easy to do for someone with the right crimping tools and experience and his instructions lack a lot of intuition.

Hi, I bought the booster, I installed the booster correctly on the drone and it worked perfectly, but when I install the booster on SC2 it does not work, I tried the sc2 and when I press the power button the led blinking red for 5 seconds and then the control goes off.

When you press the power button in a normal SC2, the led blinking red for 5 seconds and then the control connect with the drone, but in this case, with the booster installed the SC2 goes off.

In this 5 seconds i think that the SC2 performs checks and then connects with the parrot disco.

I talked to the creator of the booster and asked him, and he told me that this had happened to other people but they had solved it but he did not know how.

Somebody happened this?

PABLO
Hello Pablo,

Same thing happened to me, when soldering the booster leads to the USB port directly. This was with older Skycontroller 2 version with square battery, the older Skycontroller 2 controllers need the boosters power source soldered to the mother board not the USB port.

From experminting, found this was the case with my Sky controller 2 turning off after several seconds. But it’s ok to solder the boosters battery leads to the USB port on the Skycontroller 2 P, the Power Skycontroller 2 with cylinder battery. This is probably what happened to yours, hope you were able to fix it.

All the best
Paul

This guys kits are real crap, he uses 3 signal repeater boards for the Skycontroller and the Hull mode that wholesale for $15 each. But his kits are around $300 and he doesn’t include all the parts, sometimes the positive pole is on the right and sometimes on the left, he leaves all the hard work for the customer that could be easy to do for someone with the right crimping tools and experience and his instructions lack a lot of intuition.
Auctually , The complete kits are around $200. This includes three amplifier boosters. Two for Skycontroller 2, one for Bebop 2.

Although they appear to be the same as those sold on eBay, the parameters are different. Solaris boosters are tuned to give Bebop 2 top performance. I know for a fact, I’ve tried those other amplifiers and they are not anywhere near the same as those of a Solaris mod kit.

The mod kit should be performed by those with good soldering skills, have good electrical skill sets and know how to troubleshoot.

I was very fortunate, have purchased several of these kits and learned a lot. Turns the Bebop 2 into an awesome drone, my hats off to Solaris creating these awesome mod kits.

All the best,
Paul

Reactions: watsongrants
I don't have the kit, but the price (nearly 200) vs. the cost of the anafi (lets say 600) is 1/3 of the drone cost. And then having to DIY the install ?

The cooling is done by the air fins on each booster. But make sure The kits connectors have been done correctly, sometimes the positive pole is on the right and sometimes on the left. This results in the power out putting going to zero and the boards heat up.

Hi,battery consumption is minimal,booster is connected directly to the power/board thus small switch so booster wouldnt run when skycontroller is off,
Dont forget,if your booster is off ,your signal going trough dead booster will not be strong as before when you didnt have any booster.....due interferance he got rid of fan and added heat sinks to boosters thus heat problem was solved....What I believe to be 3W boosters are “factory calibrated”(that dude has some connections and some really expansive equipment) down to aprox.1.7W(not gonna find that anywhere) and properly calibrated to give you max .signal strenght.....to get it to work really good you need bebop booster and skycontroller booster,he sells it as a kit......its a difficult installation for someone without any soldering experience,i have lots of experience so installing bebop booster took 1 hour(mostly taking bebop completly appart) and skycontroller took few days because i wanted it done my way......from what i can tell bebop booster helps a lot with interferance and sky booster gives you some serious range(compared to flying without booster).....i flew bebop with different boosters,sc1 with different boosters and sc2 with different booster and i can say mod made by solaris is the best booster mod for bebop out there
Here is pic of my skycontroller,addd voltage meter,extra booster light for power and signal and added led power button for a booster
Solaris kits use a simple signal booster either a Sunhans SH24BTA-N or a HUAWEI HS242036TI. There’s no tuning involved they are simply wireless signal repeaters used on any WIFI extender.

Somebody happened this?

PABLO
Yeah I had the same problem and found one of the power connectors from a booster had been made wrong. One of those ridiculous connectors had the positive on the left the other one the right. I had a guy make the wiring harnesses and solder the UFLs on the antenna control board for me. But since one booster was one way and the other opposite the net signal was zero. Check the connectors and make sure they are wired the same and don’t disconnect one and try to use it until you check both boards because you will fry the board the is wrong. These kits are really bad and just use a common signal repeater used in all WiFi extenders.

Anyone have any idea why I don’t have god on my remote. I have it on my drone it’s green. I have full map. Return to home. If lost signal it returned. Some time I get question mark where the distance is. But when u go into settings. It show drone gps signal nothin. On video at bottom it’s jot kit green. This weekend I tried to do follow me. It said error no gps on remote. I have to do test. But I think I tried just with my phone an same thing. But anyway. I installed the full mod. I have power so pretty much plug an play but the power. Everything seemed to work fine but that. I do notice there do
Get hot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame