Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tablet compatability

Noggin

Reaction score
can some one advise me as to is this
lenvo Tablet
compatable with ANAFI / freeflight 6 please getting ready to hit the buy buttons VERY soon fro both drone and table

thanks

in my experience,
Processor- MT8167A/D Processor
- Quad-core
- 1.3 GHz
RAM1 GB DDR3
ResolutionStandard 1024 x 600p

Are most likely very limiting factors!

1Gb Ram is literally nothing, in Android 8 times!
The resolution is poor, the quad x1.3 GHz is , lets say it, not even a Kiri nor a snapdragon

But I do not know the tab, just checking the specs!
I'd say: look a bit more up!

I would say you would have problems with that. Similar specs to the Nexus 7 2012 that I have sat in a draw.

FF6 would not run on it, strangely enough that DJI Go does run on it.

Plenty of much higher spec tablets out there, that dont cost major bucks. I find Amazon is a good starting point.

I use the Huawei M5 8.4" which is a great size. This has a 2k IPS screen so images are nice and clear, plenty of memory, decent spec.

On the phone side, I have several that I run FF6 on without any issues: Huawei P30 Pro, Samsung A9 & Huawei XT2

Some are fans of the iPad and a good few people use them, but they are expensive, as is most Apple products, but you should be able to pick up the mini for a reasonable price, if Apple is what you want.

I always get better results with Android devices.

In the list here:

stands: Lenov(a)o Android 7" Tablet(working)

So you may try to find the post that added this to the list and contact the person for more info

First I used a lenovo Tab4 8 Zoll, which worked fine but I switched to a Samsung galaxy tab s2 9,7 zoll. Great display and very light. It`s also a 4:3 which is IMO the better choice cause the buttons in the screen don`t get in the livestream. You can get it for around 200 bucks. Also the wider frame is better for a sunshade.

First I used a lenovo Tab4 8 Zoll, which worked fine but I switched to a Samsung galaxy tab s2 9,7 zoll. Great display and very light. It`s also a 4:3 which is IMO the better choice cause the buttons in the screen don`t get in the livestream. You can get it for around 200 bucks. Also the wider frame is better for a sunshade.

I just got a new anafi series bird. Thought this was a 1 minute setup RTF. Wow, I still cannot get these to pair properly. Using controller with the Samsung S2 Tablet 9.6, which I use on every one of my 3DR Solos, with no issues.

I see above the S2 was compatible. Help? I have tried FreeFlight6 and FreeFlight Pro and nada of recognition and the one time it took off and hovered. Thank God! Please tell me wtf I am doing incorrectly. I really need to get used to this bird in the next 2 weeks for a wedding shoot.

Last question. This should be quiet. How quiet for a wedding both indoors and outside? Much appreciated for help.

Sean

I have the same setup with the Anafi and an S2 Tab. Updated to the newest version for the Samsung Tab. In any event, I am having a breakdown because I can’t even get the bird up and running. Hell can’t even pair properly. Can you tell me step by step what you do to connect?
Much appreciated ! Sean

If the Anafi is brand new then I would suggest trying a different device e.g. your phone to see whether the problem is with the Anafi or the tablet. The Anafi uses the Freeflight 6 app not Freeflight Pro.

Whilst the Anafi is quieter than most other similar sized quadcopters it is not silent. Depending on the size of the wedding venue I would think that the sound of it hovering could be intrusive.

Reactions: PollyWannaFly
the host of the wedding need to be aware of the drone plans and possible noise associated with this technology.
I assume it is an outdoor celebration and dont think that drone noise will be a major issue. Depending on the distance. The zoom of this bird is quite good.

Could you borrow a friends Apple mini 2 or newer? It works like a charm, pairing is no issue.
Shutdown all other apps and messages as a precaution, before you start the FF6 app. specially if Cellular is enabled.
I have a dedicated ipad mini 2. No issues. Cheap stuff, for less than 100.00. But eventually I will have to upgrade it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320