Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The Anafi HDR Zoom thing examined (at furthest zoom)

Krusty Geeza

Reaction score
Website
alexmausolf.com
Many folks have mentioned the issue of using the Anafi's HDR feature (particularly when using the zoom facility) & the deterioration it causes. Personally, it has been a mixed bag for me, I have some good 4K video taken in HDR mode whilst using fully automatic exposure settings amidst other earlier epic fails when using the Anafi's video HDR capture mode.

Here are presented a series of videos captured at 1080p, 2.7K, 4K & in Cinema mode all using the extreme furthest end of the Anafi's zoom capability, as that is where the HDR loss of quality is visible consistently. Personally, I will always prefer to crop in post-production, rather than be zooming while in-flight.

Over the next couple of weeks, I will endeavour to recreate this exercise & post the results as a separate thread, but with no zoom in application, to see clearly if there is a difference in using the HDR feature of the Anafi's video capture normally (no zoom).

This footage is all captured at 30 fps, with automatic ISO, WB & shutter speed; except for the Cinema mode footage, which is at 24fps.

1080p

Cinema [4K 17:9]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar