Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

the best software for editing

Unfortunately, it is nowhere near as capable as the desktop / laptop version Lightroom Classic CC, however, it's better than nothing I guess.

In conjunction with with PS Express and Snapseed, also both free, it does everything I need with my RAW images. But I just started a three months ago.

On my Macbook Pro I am using the 30 Day free trial of Capture One, because Lightroom just is not capable (yet) of processing Fujifilm RAW images without wormy detail edges.

Reactions: FranoKaaf
On my Macbook Pro I am using the 30 Day free trial of Capture One, because Lightroom just is not capable (yet) of processing Fujifilm RAW images without wormy detail edges.
That's interesting, I import RAW files from Sony, Pentax, Olympus, Canon, Panasonic-Lumix & have zero issues in that sort of regards. Friends who shoot with Fujifilm X series camera's have no issues either. Are you possibly going too hard with Clarity or Sharpening in some way? Are you using the masking feature to confine your sharpening to only the areas you designate?

Whilst I would dearly love to play with DaVinci Resolve, it just won't play nicely on my old iMac. The VRAM is not sufficient, but I can use FCPX & a whole raft of plugins perfectly well, if I accept that I'm going to have jittery playback while using it & that it takes ages to export. Considering the price of upgrading to a newer iMac, I'd rather use that money elsewhere thanks! :)

I currently use Kdenlive (free) and it's good but I'll check out some of the others mentioned.

By the way, Skylum Unveils AirMagic, a new software for Mac that wants to automate the processing and correction of photos taken from a drone. The software relies on artificial intelligence to automatically correct skies, reduce fog, improve sharpness and chroma and, with some drones, correct optical deformations. AirMagic manages both JPEG files and DNG (RAW) of the main drones. The models of DJI, Parrot and Yuneec are directly recognized. AirMagic works as standalone software, or integrated within Lightroom, Photoshop and Apple photos. The software will be available for sale on March 21st: it can be pre-ordered at a discounted rate of €39 (2-post license).
Airmagic

Ronanafi, I am using Lightroom CC for iPad Pro and it is FREE

My names not Ron :) I'm old school and use a desktop PC for editing.

Speaking of which what hardware is everyone using. I've just upgraded last year to the following:

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5 Dedicated Graphics Card, Intel Core i5 3rd Gen. 3.20 GHz, 16GB RAM Memory

I got it as a "gaming PC" from Amazon not because i play games, just because i wanted something that could handle a lot being thrown at it. I'm definitely no computer geek when it comes to hardware so just went with what i thought was a good bargain at £415 for that spec(refurbed)

Had no problems with it i'll probably increase the RAM at some point

Last edited:
Being new to making videos, I've been using NCH Videopad Video Editor.

I've just finished exploring AirMagic and I'm very happy with the results. The AI they are using to enhance the skies, show details and boost colors does a very good job. It is very automated with the ability to apply styles and to adjust how much of the style is applied a specific photograph. This is a tool I would use to create something quickly and easily to send my friends. I can also see myself sharing it with clients and then on the photographs they special editing, I would use my primary editing software and work on those. I worked with both jpg and DNG Raw files. I did find the RAW images a little soft, meaning that they needed a bit more sharpening. I've contacted Skylum and they promised this would be fixed in a future update. And if I need more control then I would use a program like Lightroom or Luminar.

Here's a sample from RAW.
Before

After

Before

After

@Portland Pro Drones
Air magic may be good software but you should really reveal your involvement in the software.

From your website "Chris is also an author for Photofocus.com writing articles on drones, photography and videography and is a Skylum Online Ambassador."

Last edited:
Reactions: Portland Pro Drones
@Portland Pro Drones
Air magic may be good software but you should really reveal your involvement in the software.

From your website "Chris is also an author for Photofocus.com writing articles on drones, photography and videography and is a Skylum Online Ambassador."
You are correct. I thought I had added this to my signature. It is there now. My intent wasn't to hide my involvement. I apologize for the signature not being in place. And thank you for pointing it out.

I just updated the post with my signature so it shows that.

Last edited:
You are correct. I thought I had added this to my signature. It is there now. My intent wasn't to hide my involvement. I apologize for the signature not being in place. And thank you for pointing it out.

I just updated the post with my signature so it shows that.

Just be mindful of rule number 11
Thanks

Reactions: Portland Pro Drones
I decided to try Air Magic, from your test images it looked great..... But failed at the first hurdle. Downloaded the trial, I accept the T's & C's and then it tells me its having trouble connecting to the internet.... Which is odd as there is nothing wrong with the link, I have 3 other computers currently on the network running fine, and my grandson on an online game playing uninterrupted.

Disabled Firewall and AV and still no go. Emailed screenshot to their team, but dont hold out too much hope, when you email them from their web site, there is no opportunity for you to explain what is happening, all they want is a screenshot. Whats the betting they will come back and ask me try disabling AV and/or Firewall ...... Which I would of told them had been done, if there had been any option in their feedback page....... Maybe will just stick to trusted existing software!!

• Sad
Reactions: FranoKaaf
I decided to try Air Magic, from your test images it looked great..... But failed at the first hurdle. Downloaded the trial, I accept the T's & C's and then it tells me its having trouble connecting to the internet.... Which is odd as there is nothing wrong with the link, I have 3 other computers currently on the network running fine, and my grandson on an online game playing uninterrupted.

Disabled Firewall and AV and still no go. Emailed screenshot to their team, but dont hold out too much hope, when you email them from their web site, there is no opportunity for you to explain what is happening, all they want is a screenshot. Whats the betting they will come back and ask me try disabling AV and/or Firewall ...... Which I would of told them had been done, if there had been any option in their feedback page....... Maybe will just stick to trusted existing software!!
You should see the side of your grandson who consumes all the bandwidth of your Internet connection ! Ah, carefree youth...
?
Joking aside, it does not give too much desire to try...

I use Wondershare Filmora 9 for video and Affinity Photo for my still photos. I think I paid less then $100 combined for the lifetime licenses for both. The do everything I need and I've had great luck with both. Still learning new features after a year of using them. They may not have the high sophistication of Adobe products, but they have all the bells and whistles I need (and then some). Here is a link to a recent video that was entirely shot on a Anafi and edited with Filmora 9

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh