Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

the best software for editing

I use Wondershare Filmora 9 for video and Affinity Photo for my still photos. I think I paid less then $100 combined for the lifetime licenses for both. The do everything I need and I've had great luck with both. Still learning new features after a year of using them. They may not have the high sophistication of Adobe products, but they have all the bells and whistles I need (and then some). Here is a link to a recent video that was entirely shot on a Anafi and edited with Filmora 9

An excellent example of what I mentioned in my post the best software for editing
Your well edited footage would have been as watchable whether edited on Filmora, Avid Media Composer or any other NLE. It is not the tool that is important when creating an interesting video - it is the skills of the editor in telling a story in a way that is pleasing to the eye and the ear.
Well done!
Regards
Douglas
PS. Of course your well shot footage from the Anafi give you the material needed!

I decided to try Air Magic, from your test images it looked great..... But failed at the first hurdle. Downloaded the trial, I accept the T's & C's and then it tells me its having trouble connecting to the internet.... Which is odd as there is nothing wrong with the link, I have 3 other computers currently on the network running fine, and my grandson on an online game playing uninterrupted.

Disabled Firewall and AV and still no go. Emailed screenshot to their team, but dont hold out too much hope, when you email them from their web site, there is no opportunity for you to explain what is happening, all they want is a screenshot. Whats the betting they will come back and ask me try disabling AV and/or Firewall ...... Which I would of told them had been done, if there had been any option in their feedback page....... Maybe will just stick to trusted existing software!!
I'm sorry you are having problems. One thing to try would be to uninstall and then reinstall it. I'm on a Mac and I 've haven't had that issue and I don't have a Windows machine available to test it out. Hopefully, support will get back with you quickly to solve the issue.

One thing to try would be to uninstall and then reinstall it.

And there lies the problem ....... I wont install....... Soon as I accept the T's&C's and say OK, it bums out saying "No Internet", when clearly there is.

Just downloaded another trial package and again the same issue, says its having trouble connecting to the internet, when I am on the internet.

Had no response from their support team...... So I guess thats another package to forget about :(

I've just finished exploring AirMagic and I'm very happy with the results.

Here's a sample from RAW.
Before
View attachment 1630

After
View attachment 1631

Oh my! :eek: What happened to the sky, the foreground & the ice? They are all rather vibrant & unreal looking! Which looks okay if you are going for a surreal finish, I guess.

Looks like another Skylum product that is going to have people creating lots of chronically oversaturated & vibrant images. Does it also have those fake sunrays & the like? Think I'll steer clear of Instagram for a while.

Reactions: Drbgaijin
Oh my! :eek: What happened to the sky, the foreground & the ice? They are all rather vibrant & unreal looking! Which looks okay if you are going for a surreal finish, I guess.

Looks like another Skylum product that is going to have people creating lots of chronically oversaturated & vibrant images. Does it also have those fake sunrays & the like? Think I'll steer clear of Instagram for a while.
In the after photo you're referring to, I purposefully changed the style to a more cinematic one and pushed it a bit just for fun. Here's the default style and setting for comparison.

• Wow
Reactions: Krusty Geeza
I tried the software and agree about over saturation. The stand alone program is a joke IMHO.

20255cd59f847a4a983639de9f90fa50.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: Krusty Geeza
Windows 10
Okay, I'm not going to be able to provide much help because I'm Mac based. I also work mostly in DNG RAW.

If you'd be willing, it would great if you'd let support know about the issues with .png files and the plugin problems in Photoshop and Lightroom. Here's a link to support.
Contact Us | Skylum

In the after photo you're referring to, I purposefully changed the style to a more cinematic one and pushed it a bit just for fun. Here's the default style and setting for comparison.
View attachment 1671
Caveat: This is just my opinion expressed in the following, I am not attacking anyone, or saying that what I enjoy in regard to drone photography has to be the case for everyone, after all...

Cinematic? Really? Cinematic connotes a visual richness, beauty & even romantic quality to the image. What you produced was quite lurid, more like one of those annoying adverts that yells at you, or something that would be visually more appropriate in a K-Pop film clip or a kids animation TV series. This video I posted recently I can honestly refer to as cinematic in its finishing, it was my first serious attempt at colour grading in FCPX & took a lot of time & effort as the sun slipped in & out of the clouds as I flew & filmed. We must watch very different cinema! :)

Even this image immediately above is overly vivid & oversaturated & again the ice in the foreground right is excessively blue. I'm sure the Instagram crowd will love the one click wonders it knocks out for them. I'll stick with photographic realism for my drone photography thanks.

Reactions: FranoKaaf

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320