Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The Isle of Skye, Scotland, August 2021

Joe_Scot

Reaction score
At the end of August I spent a long weekend on the Isle of Skye, probably the most photogenic of all the Scottish islands. Have uploaded my edited video to YouTube - link below. Best watched on a 4K TV if you can!

Was really pleased to be able to make use of the Anafi's ability to point the gimbal upwards for some shots (e.g. parts of The Quiraing - 2m 43s into the video) - such a useful feature!

At the end of August I spent a long weekend on the Isle of Skye, probably the most photogenic of all the Scottish islands. Have uploaded my edited video to YouTube - link below. Best watched on a 4K TV if you can!

Was really pleased to be able to make use of the Anafi's ability to point the gimbal upwards for some shots (e.g. parts of The Quiraing - 2m 43s into the video) - such a useful feature!

Excellent work and beautiful scenery along with music. Well done and thanks for sharing

Reactions: Joe_Scot
Well thought out scenery, editing is phenomenal with music fitting perfectly.
Nice work. Brings back memories when I was stationed there.
Thanks for the compliment and glad you enjoyed it! Were you on Skye for many months or even years? Must have been a great place to spend a considerable amount of time.

Well done and thank you for sharing! Would you recommend Anafi as the first drone for beginners? Or are there any other options? This list is an example. I’m impressed with the good quality
Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe_Scot
Well done and thank you for sharing! Would you recommend Anafi as the first drone for beginners? Or are there any other options? I’m impressed with the good quality
Cheers
Many thanks ... I am still extremely happy with my Anafis (I own two - one is a backup). Both bought April / May 2019 and both still going strong (700+ flights). For its price, the Anafi is still a very good drone for beginners, though it doesn't have any obstacle avoidance, so initially it requires more care and attention! It still receives firmware updates, and the FF6 app still gets updates. It was only this year that I started shooting all photos and videos in PRO mode, rather than Auto, and I wish I had started sooner ... the results are noticeably better. The Anafi will fly OK in winds up to 25 mph, possibly 30 mph, but that's pushing it to the limit. It's a very quiet drone, compared to the competition, which is a feature many people comment on.

Competition currently is the Mini 2 (which clearly gets rave reviews) and very soon the Autel Nano will be available, which also looks excellent. I have only ever flown the Anafi, so I can't comment on the others.

Good luck making a choice, and if you would like to know anything else, feel free to ask.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut