Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Transferring footage by USB

Shiningmonk

Reaction score
Can footage from the drone be transferred to a computer using a USB cable (i.e. without the need to remove the micro SD card)? If so, will it transfer at the original resolution, or at a lesser resolution? I ask because I have heard that the micro USB mechanism is rather fiddly.

Some people were having trouble with the card format, where Anafi would read it but it wouldn’t mount on the computer, perhaps this was what was meant by fiddly?

I found that if I formatted my card in the Anafi it wouldn’t mount, but if I used exfat on the computer to format then brought it back to Anafi it would read in both Anafi and when connected to the computer via USB.

The latest app update had the note that they fixed a USB formatting issue, so this may have been bugfixed.

I have started using this method, USB C to USB port on my TV and Computer. Saves fiddling with the card holder on the bird. Reduced risk of static discharge damage to the electronics.

You can, but it is so slooooooow.

If you want to be done quickly, with a modern card reader transfers are around 3 times faster than using the usb port on the Anafi.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryontarded