Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Video playback issues

Reaction score
Hello everyone and thanks for reading.

I am having playback issues with video from my Anafi. On my PC the imported video is jerky, with artifacts. The video won't even play on my TV : "Video codec not supported" - although I never had any problems with either when reviewing footage taken with the Bebop 2 Power. Anybody have any ideas what could be causing this?

In addition, I can't get my Samsung J3 2016 to connect to the controller (apparently a known issue caused by older versions of Android). Its running Android 5.1.1 and apparently you need newer than 6 for it to work. (Although I am able to connect with the controller and fly the drone with my old polaroid tablet running Android 4.2.2!!)

Anafi arrived yesterday from Parrot as a replacement of my Bebop 2 Power pack following a fly-away.

Kind regards

I am having playback issues with video from my Anafi. On my PC the imported video is jerky, with artifacts. The video won't even play on my TV : "Video codec not supported" - although I never had any problems with either when reviewing footage taken with the Bebop 2 Power. Anybody have any ideas what could be causing this?

In addition, I can't get my Samsung J3 2016 to connect to the controller (apparently a known issue caused by older versions of Android). Its running Android 5.1.1 and apparently you need newer than 6 for it to work. (Although I am able to connect with the controller and fly the drone with my old polaroid tablet running Android 4.2.2!!)

Anafi arrived yesterday from Parrot as a replacement of my Bebop 2 Power pack following a fly-away.

Kind regards

Playing 100mb/s 4k video on a PC requires it's relative fast if it's not going to stutter. However, the player you use also has some influence, try another.

On your TV, the problem may be that it does not support 4k video. Try playing a 1080p video instead.

And the Samsung phone, have you opened the developer mode on it ?

Regards Leif.

I ve played the raw clips on iPad, iphone, a win10 laptop etc... without issues except.

A couple ot times, on the PC, clips started playing a little choppy. Closing the player and reloading the clip fixed the issue. Which program are you using on the PC? Which version of windows? Try a different one.

Anafi video clips do not import directly in iMovie on iPad they need to be edited with the built in photo app and saved as new before opening. I contacted parrot and they re looking into it

I haven tried playing the raw clips on TVs but i know from previous experiences that smart TVs can be pretty dumb dealing with video clips...

Kind regards
I have samsung s6 with 5.1.1 and work perfectly. The old android is not a problem. Your pc specs? Cpu,Gpu? I see the video on my s6 with "MX PLAYER" app and a otg smartcard reader and work very good.

You could try setting the drone to 2.7K video mode to see if it helps.

My Dell laptop won't 4K files but my Nvidia Shield and Windows desktop PC has no problems with them.

Leif, thankyou for you
Playing 100mb/s 4k video on a PC requires it's relative fast if it's not going to stutter. However, the player you use also has some influence, try another.

On your TV, the problem may be that it does not support 4k video. Try playing a 1080p video instead.

And the Samsung phone, have you opened the developer mode on it ?

Regards Leif.
Leif, thank you for your reply.

Indeed, it would appear that the Anafi is in 4k straight out of the box.

In my haste to get it in the air, I did not notice that I was recording in 4k. I have now set the drone to record in HD (1080 x something) and the footage is fluid and smooth on my PC and plays no problem on my TV.

I might add that the image is sharp and clearer than the Bebop 2, even when filming in non-4k.

Concerning the smartphone/tablet problem, my wife has kindly ordered me a new Samsung J3 2017, running android 7.0. So no more problems of connectivity (hopefully).

Kind regards

CaptainBirdseye

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
Leif, thankyou for you

Leif, thank you for your reply.

Indeed, it would appear that the Anafi is in 4k straight out of the box.

In my haste to get it in the air, I did not notice that I was recording in 4k. I have now set the drone to record in HD (1080 x something) and the footage is fluid and smooth on my PC and plays no problem on my TV.

I might add that the image is sharp and clearer than the Bebop 2, even when filming in non-4k.

Concerning the smartphone/tablet problem, my wife has kindly ordered me a new Samsung J3 2017, running android 7.0. So no more problems of connectivity (hopefully).

Kind regards

CaptainBirdseye

You're welcome. :)

4k video is very hard to play with if you do not invest a lot of money in computer, monitor and software.

I'm glad you like the quality of the Anafi camera. The camera on Bebop 2 is nothing to write home about when we speak image quality. But Parrot manages to uses the sensor with the lens like a gimbal, and it presumably diminishes the image quality.

I hope the new phone can handle FreeFlight 6.

Good luck, regards Leif.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut