Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Video recording problems

after waiting 2 weeks for a response to my email i phoned parrot up today
after explaining what was happening they told me this was a known firmware fault and the problem had been fixed in firmware 1.5.6 while they where on the phone i checked my firmware and i was on 1.5.6 i was asked to do a factory reset and let them know the out come
after doing the reset and a full sd card format i tried recording again and am still getting the corrupted frames
i have emailed parrot to let them know i am still having the problem

if any one else is having the same problem it may be worth you also reporting this so they know its not just an isolated incident

contact number for the uk is 02034815677

Same problem for me, I had not used my Anafi since 23rd April and never had any issues up to that date.

Four flights in the last week and a test indoors have all shown the problem including today.

New faster memory card also tried.

I did start a new thread as failed to find this one so perhaps a nice admin person could delete that.

I have the same problem, I'm also in contact with Parrot.
Here is what I found out so far, have copied it from the forum "editing problems"...

Up to now I have not got any helpful response from Parrot, the problem is still there and puzzles me. For what I'm doing it is real disadvantage.
I did some research to find out details of the recorded videos, the ones without a problem and the newer faulty ones.
I have compared my video clips and the times when they were taken.
The last video without the fault is from the 5th of May 2019.
The first video with the fault I recorded on the 8th of May 2019
i can't say for sure when I made the update of the Anafi firmware, but it was in these days.
Checking the beginning of the second segments of videos I found this:

With the old firmware
Keyframe
30 frames
Keyframe
30 frames...

With the current firmware 1.5.6
Keyframe
Keyframe
30 frames
Keyframe
30 frames...

Obviously the two consecutive Keyframes at the beginning confuse my Adobe Premiere.
When I manage to delete the first keyframe of the faulty segment I can import the file to Premiere, however there is a visible gap in the transition. This jump I noticed independently of what other editing softwares I used.
Hopefully in September, the vacation period is over in France, and a new firmware without this bug will come.

I uploaded my videos with the problem and Pinnacle Studio 22 does not like them introducing a symbol (or video glitch) where the new file starts (every five minutes or so).

Last edited:
Reactions: Island Xpress
This problem did not bother me that much until yesterday!!

Was out riding my bike with one of the kids, doing a follow-me, and started a great looking orbit around us - but the orbit crossed the file boundary.

It does not matter what I do to join the clips, I have a jump in the video!!

Very annoyed :( especially with Parrot - it is not the hardest thing to test for, and to confirm what your customers are complaining about.

You would think they would at least confirm the problem!!!

The apk on parrot website includes new firmware so will try a flight this afternoon if wind is okay. Release candidate version.

Screenshot_20190829-125306.png

Test complete and all seems well with no green frame and Pinnacle Studio 22 and VLC happy with the files.

Just making the movie and will upload to YouTube.

Good to know cant fly again until monday will download the apk but hold off installing it see if the app on the store gets an update

Test complete and all seems well with no green frame and Pinnacle Studio 22 and VLC happy with the files.

Just making the movie and will upload to YouTube.
Sounds promising, though I think I'll wait till Parrot sort out whatever is happening with the Play store version before updating, not sure what's going on there! (Interesting to see that the Freeflight 6 link on their website - which is marked as "get it on google play", just downloads the APK from Parrot directly...)

Indeed, best to wait as the in app purchases don't work which perhaps is because it still is not on Google play or because of the direct download.

Good news,
Can confirm new Anafi firmware 1.6.1-rc2 works ok again without the jump at the beginning of the second segment.
Runs also with Adobe Premiere CS6
No more extra key frame at the beginning.

Thanks Parrotä

Reactions: IM35461
Good news,
Can confirm new Anafi firmware 1.6.1-rc2 works ok again without the jump at the beginning of the second segment.
Runs also with Adobe Premiere CS6
No more extra key frame at the beginning.

Thanks Parrotä

It also has a few glitches in it like your in App purchases are now gone and locked with no way to get them back till Google Play has the App back on line. So beware.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar