Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Never seen this before - Video shiver

AnafiPilot1

Reaction score
So was flying the other day, and when I reviewed the video after the flight I noticed every once in a while there is this strange shiver to the video.

Video was set to 30fps 4K PLog WB:auto Shutter:auto ISO:100 (manual)

Flying in RACE mode.

Never seen this before - I have recently switched from 24fps to 30fps, so I may switch back to 24fps and try doing some flights in similar situation in the same location to see if I can see this again.

My theory is 30fps with low light (overcast sky around 2 hours before sunset) - is the possible cause!!

Here are the links to 5 seconds trims of the original Anafi files around the point the shiver happens, the files are around 65MB in size each.

Anyone seen anything like this before??

So was flying the other day, and when I reviewed the video after the flight I noticed every once in a while there is this strange shiver to the video.

Flying in RACE mode.

Never seen this before - I have recently switched from 24fps to 30fps, so I may switch back to 24fps and try doing some flights in similar situation in the same location to see if I can see this again.

My theory is 30fps with low light (overcast sky around 2 hours before sunset) - is the possible cause!!

Here are the links to 5 seconds trims of the original Anafi files around the point the shiver happens, the files are around 65MB in size each.

You may have a single prop or a set of props that’s getting ready to poop ? on ya.

Hope not they were a brand new set just put on, hence the reason for random racing mode flight for 20 minutes!!

I cannot imagine it being prop - it is not consistent enough. seems very random when it occurs.

Flying in RACE mode.

There is nothing strange about any of the videos!
I think you uploaded bad videos ...

It is there and very easy to see.

Watch the one where I am approaching the dead tree, you can see the tree shake left and right very quickly causing it to appear out of focus.

May you need to view fullscreen if you do not have a 4K monitor.

You cannot see it with the low res google drive preview, you need to download the file.

Loaded the file in resolve and captured stills where the shaking occurs.

Frame 70 is fine , then you get this shaking for 5 frames then clear, then from Frame 77 to Frame 82 another 5 frames of shake.
Frame-77_1.1.2.jpg

Frame-70_1.1.1.jpgFrame-85_1.1.3.jpg

I believe this often can happen in low light conditions; the electronic image stabilisation sometimes fails. It is also in this video

Yes I when was searching the forums to see if anyone else had this before - I came across that thread, but I thought that it was resolved in later firmware versions, and I Am running the latest Anafi firmware.

Yes I when was searching the forums to see if anyone else had this before - I came across that thread, but I thought that it was resolved in later firmware versions, and I Am running the latest Anafi firmware.
As this is a physical phenomenon and a feature of software image stabilization, it cannot be solved with firmware.
I have a DJI Spark and I can notice this phenomenon there too, because it also has a 2-axis gimball.
Explanation of the phenomenon: it stabilizes in the YAW direction by changing the reading area of the sensor according to the movement of the drone to obtain a stable, still image. This migration of the reading area causes the pixels to "shake" which is more visible than sharp and meticulous details.

I have never seen it and I have flown in similar light and conditions, the only change I made is switching from 24fps to 30fps.

From your description filming at 30 fps may increase perception of this where as with 24 fps not so much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320